Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddfoxx

Heard something odd while mowing, looked up to see a P-8.  I live near a mid-sized airport (John Glenn, nee Port Columbus) and am used to 737s and A320s, etc.  I still look up at those because, well, why am I on this page?  But this sounded a little different.  Maybe they use a different engine sub-type?  It came back, doing touch and goes.

Pellson

Was overflown by a Belgian A400M earlier today. That's a first for me, and the engine noise was something else that the odd C-130 that usually rumbles over from time to time.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

scooter

Quote from: reddfoxx on June 28, 2022, 09:19:49 AM
Heard something odd while mowing, looked up to see a P-8.  I live near a mid-sized airport (John Glenn, nee Port Columbus) and am used to 737s and A320s, etc.  I still look up at those because, well, why am I on this page?  But this sounded a little different.  Maybe they use a different engine sub-type?  It came back, doing touch and goes.

CFM56-7B series engines.
Wiki
NAVAIR fact sheet
   "Equipped with state of the art radars, sensors and a new air-to-air refuel capability..."  New?  Well, maybe for NAVAIR.  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Funny how they don't mention that it's really a 737 with a bomb bay........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

More jets in the air than usual.
The Finnish Air Force Academy is visiting for a training camp this week, flying their Hawks. I just saw one of the ex-Swiss ones, still in the red and white colours.

PR19_Kit

A couple of V-22 Ospreys whirring their way southwards at around 1000 ft.

They do make a rather weird sound in 'prop mode', but they sound just like a big helicopter in 'chopper mode'.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

i was just moving my son's old baby bed to the garage, when an old NA T-6 Texan/Harvard (in Belgian Af colors) flew over  :wub:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Two more prop driven planes today, heading west this time in a strong crosswind and making hard work of it. :(

But they were two Tiger Moths, looking and sounding wonderful, and only flying at about 500 ft too.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Rheged

A single Osprey has just flown over, heading (probably) for Shobdon, or possibly Shawbury.. 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

They're getting as common as muck these days, aren't they?  :-\

Regards
Kit

zenrat

All been a bit boring here recently.  Nothing but light aircraft and the copper chopper.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Ospreys do strange things to your head when you see them. They still look like helicopters even when wing-born, but the rotors are in the wrong place!  :-\

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Alerted by the sound of four Lycomings at full chat I went outside to have my own flying display by The Blades Team this morning!

Presumably they were practicing for a forthcoming show, maybe RIAT as it's this coming weekend, but they were sure pulling some hefty Gs with their Extra 300LPs up there! Very impressive.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

This mornings glorious blue sky was full of contrails early on and whilst most of the live ones were clearly passenger jets one of the others looked extremely high and appeared to be going at twice the speed of the others. Optical allusion or something else ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Another Spitfire heading south this morning, a Merlin powered one from the sound, and it looked like a Mk IX from the glimpse that I got. Maybe heading to RIAT too?

It's the arrival day there today, always a good time when I was working as my office was maybe 7-8 miles away.  ;D

Regards
Kit