Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddfoxx

My spidey senses were correct: those C-17s were connected to a presidential visit.  Because something odd caught my ear during breakfast, and when I looked out there was Air Force One in a glorious blue sky.  My wife even called me with an excited report: "It was big, and had the American flag on the tail, and the blue stripe- even I knew what it was."  I did not know he was coming to town.

scooter

It's "Go Fast Fridays", so the 119th's Yawn Darts are off to the play areas off the coast so they can think they're Maverick for a few hours.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Mossie

Just saw a little ultralight autogyro go overhead.

Forgot to mention, had a fair bit of military action a few days back, an A400M followed by three Typhoons later in the day.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Nick

Took Mum to see the Gibberd Garden in Harlow and on the way back a shiny silver P-51 Mustang flew overhead, low enough I could see the blue Star and Bar markings on the side.
Must have been going to North Weald after the Duxford airshow.

Leading Observer

P-51D G-TFSI just flown over heading towards Bedford
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Pellson

Just a few minutes ago, an unusual rumbling noise drew me outside, just in time to see a pair of old RSwAF trainers slowly making their way in the headwind, just a few hundred feet above my head. The planes, a Klemm 35 and a Bucker Bu-25 Bestmann both wore the WW2 trainer scheme of black fuselage and bright orange flying surfaces and are an unusual but indeed very nice sight in these hoods, where we normally see a lot of their modern counterparts, the SAAB 105 (Sk60) and the JAS39D Gripen. 
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Nick

I was down near Dover today exploring a WW2 gun battery that's been uncovered after 65 years and a Spitfire treated us to several flybys. I think it was a Harvard with it doing air to air shoots over the White Cliffs.

perttime

Four F/A-18 Hornets in a nice echelon formation. Twice. They don't usually do that over my home.

Old Wombat

Quote from: perttime on September 22, 2022, 12:23:24 PMFour F/A-18 Hornets in a nice echelon formation. Twice. They don't usually do that over my home.

Probably monitoring the traffic swarm coming out of Russia.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Flyer

Just now while waiting in the car I heard an interesting airborne sound so looked up to see what I first thought to be Tiger Moth but realised that it was too rounded, so it must have been a Stampe Sv4. Never seen one of them before. :mellow:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Mossie

A little bit oldskool, Jet Ranger flying east.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Nick

Driving through North Weald this afternoon when a dark shape appeared low over the golf course en-route to landing. The road sign here is accurate as the runway is just over the hedge on the right!  :lol:  - https://goo.gl/maps/mNZ9mNdDsfK1UbHQ7

My first thought was 'Bassett!' but something was amiss. It seemed too sleek.... Checked Flightradar tonight and it was a Beagle Pup, G-AWYO to be precise.

zenrat

Two of interest this weekend.

A light (GA) aircraft with twin floats.  Too far away to tell what it was but had that vague Cessna 172ish shape most GA planes have.

A warbird.  I was out dog walking so didn't have my bins with me.  Radial engine, long slim wings which tapered to square tips for about 2/3 of their length.  Nothing showing on the flight tracker when I got home.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

Probably a Nanchang CJ-6, there are a few on the Australian register.

You cannot view this attachment.

Captain Canada

I guess 8 Poseidon departed Selfridge ANG base the other day. That would have been neat to see ! Them Yanks sure have the arsenal if the crap ever hits the fan.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?