Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: Rheged on April 23, 2023, 06:56:05 AMAn hour ago, a collection of microlights. all heading over us towards Shobdon airfield.  I assume trying to get back to base before the imminent downpour sets in.

Incidentally, what is the collective noun for microlights........an annoyance........a nuisance........or just  a flock?

I am severely tempted to start paramotoring myself, actually. Equally annoying from a noise perspective, I'm sure, but a really, really nice way to see the neighbourhood from above.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Given it's the twenty-first century i'm still waiting for my jet pack and my flying car.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on April 24, 2023, 05:03:02 AMGiven it's the twenty-first century i'm still waiting for my jet pack and my flying car.

I'd just be happy with a Mr. Fusion.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on April 24, 2023, 05:03:02 AMGiven it's the twenty-first century i'm still waiting for my jet pack and my flying car.

I'm still waiting for a reliable mobile phone signal.............................
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

reddfoxx

Didn't take a picture, but what I saw yesterday was on the news today.

I live near John Glenn International in Columbus, Ohio, formerly Port Columbus International.  Got up Sunday, puttering about.  Heard a buzz punctuated by a loud "whomp" every few seconds.  A truck?  No, a plane.  Looked out the window, saw an American Airlines 737 spouting a trail of flame from one engine at each "whomp."  Didn't worry too much as I have seen that sort of thing on the ground; figured they had an issue and would restart it or go back to the airport. 

Later found out they hit a goose, and did return, all safe except the goose (my daughter was sad for it.)  I saw pretty much this: https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/columbus/plane-departing-from-columbus-airport-catches-fire-in-the-air/

Edit: sorry, the second video in their player.  Won't let me share just that.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 23, 2023, 03:46:22 AMThe all yellow one later came back on it's own.  So maybe they are both male and were fighting over territory?

Unless they're one of these species where the female kills and consumes the male after copulation, unless he can nip off sharpish  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

They won't let us see it in the UK anyway.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

reddfoxx

Yep, that's it.  The one I posted had some ground shots that look close to what I saw. 

perttime

A pretty slim piston-engined thing at an unusually low altitude, just flying past at what SEEMED like pretty good speed.

Flightradar was a little sticky but I found that an Extra ( 330LX ? ) , with similar colours, was in the area at about that time.

edit:
many hours later, I heard what must have been a piston engined airplane manoeuvring hard. It must have been doing aerobatics over the countryside just outside town.

zenrat

I heard but didn't see something zooming over on ANZAC day (Tuesday).
It was single engined, fast, and turboprop powered.
I suspect an RAAF PC9 on flypast duties.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

reddfoxx

KC-135 doing touch and goes at John Glenn International.  We get lots of 737s and commuters, but rarely anything with 4 jets.  Dark grey, climbing into the low grey cloud layer, repeatedly.

Captain Canada

Had some RC-135Ws doing laps between Offut and here a few weeks back. Always nice to see them.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I just got back from a work trip to PA and WV. Always great to be a spotter in America ! The Johnstown Army ANG base was close by, and we had Blackhawks daily. I was hoping to see some Apahes or Chinooks tho !You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.   
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

reddfoxx

Nice shots!  I'm in the pattern at KCMH but nothing's ever that low.  We do get military transients once in awhile.