Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

i was expecting to see an Avro Lancaster B.I fly over today, but unfortunatly i didnt.
but i did see something else on the way home from work, a Belgian Air Force Airbus A400M, flanked by the F-16AM "Dream Viper" from the solo display team. wasnt expecting to see that today!  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

perttime

A Border Guard Helicopter. Nothing too large: could be a AW119 Koala.
Quite likely it was doing some exercise with the Police School.

Captain Canada

KC-135 out of Selfrdge just flew over. About 5 minutes later, I could hear a fighter but not see it.

You cannot view this attachment.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

A Griffon Spitfire o'head my 'country home' today.

Presumably en route to Sywell from Duxford, a relatively common flightpath for them these days.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

reddfoxx

Parked downtown, happened to be near one of the hospitals, and saw Medflight's EC130 coming in.  Heard it first, echoing around.  Got some fair pictures.  A minute later one of the police MD500s went over.  (Not my photos.)

perttime

F-15, with a SAAB Gripen on its wing.

edit:
... followed by some different combinations of Gripen, F-15 and F/A-18.

I expect to see some more of them in the next week or two. They are participating in an exercise.

Rheged

On the way back from the weekly shopping trip to Leominster, a C17 heading for Wales at no more than 500 feet. 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

perttime

Must have been a RAF Voyager (Airbus A330 MRTT). There should be one participating in the multinational ACE23 exercise.

Mossie

A few over the last few days.  I was working from home and saw a couple of RAF Grob Perfects, may have been the same one at different times.  Saturday, a Beechcraft Bonanza. I don't think I've seen one before, it's V tail standing out from the usual GA crowd.  Today, a Police EC-135 just whizzed by the window at work.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Working down in Windsor again. This Chinook flying down the Detroit River and passing the Gordie Howe Bridge You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.   
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Of course the cargo master had his feet hanging off the ramp!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

The only way to travel in a Wokka.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit