Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Well that'll wreck half their formations! :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 22, 2023, 08:25:24 AMWell that'll wreck half their formations! :(

It's all part of the challenge Kit  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

The Reds had a huge problem last year with morale and allegations of poor behaviour. At least 2 of the pilots have quit or been sacked from the RAF and others have moved on to new roles in the RAF. The Reds traditionally only take in 3 new pilots each year to train them up properly and the shortfall means they can only do small display routines.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62664654

PR19_Kit

I THINK I've just seen a landmark event!  :o

While at my 'country home' in Northants I thought I saw a short nose Spitfire fly over, heading away from Sywell in the direction of Duxford, quite a common sight in these parts, but it didn't sound quite right. A short while later it came back in the opposite direction and sounded even gruffer!

Originally I thought it sounded like a Griffon engined variant, but it didn't have the longer nose, and all of a sudden I figured out what it might have been.

The Centaurs engined Tempest II, MV763, has been nearing its first flight status for some months/weeks now, and I may just have seen it!

Spitfire shaped wings, short nose and a gruff sounding engine? What else could it have been?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I'm holidaying in Wales at the moment, moving around from place to place.  On our second base near Caenarfon, I spotted a pair of Hawks and several Texans from RAF Valley, contrasts with the Jet Provost's last time I was here as a youngster.  Also saw a Chinook and a Typhoon flying pretty low.

Over our last base in Conwy today, I spotted something a tad unusual in the UK, a floatplane.  Aviat Husky G-ODIP:

You cannot view this attachment.

The Jackdaws don't look impressed.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

I saw that Tempest again today, and it was DEFINITELY the Tempest as the sun was shining on it as it banked around and it looked just like the pics of MV763 in the latest issue of 'Aeroplane Monthly' mag.

I haven't found any press announcements of it having made it's first flight though.  :-\

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on September 02, 2023, 08:51:17 AMOver our last base in Conwy today, I spotted something a tad unusual in the UK, a floatplane.  Aviat Husky G-ODIP:

Is unusual for the UK Mossie. Weather looks good in the shot
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

That's the last full of the holiday and the weather was lovely.  Today, we've had a trip up the Great Orme and it's glorious.  Of course, the rest of the holiday it's been dull, rainy raining and October temperatures!

And wouldn't you know it, the weather back home was rubbish for weeks then was lovely the day after we we went!  :drink:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 02, 2023, 09:36:31 AMI saw that Tempest again today, and it was DEFINITELY the Tempest as the sun was shining on it as it banked around and it looked just like the pics of MV763 in the latest issue of 'Aeroplane Monthly' mag.

I haven't found any press announcements of it having made it's first flight though.  :-\
The best I could find is that engine testing was completed near the end of June, and then taxiing test were started.

zenrat

Maybe someone keeps getting carried away while taxiing?
"Oops, too  much throttle.  Again."
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Yesterday I heard the sound of an old radial engine grumbling overhead and spotted an all yellow Stearman headed south west. Looked like USAAC markings.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rheged

Whilst doing my" National Trust guide"  thing at Berrington Hall north of Leominster, an RAF A400M   came over the house at about 500 feet and aviated off into Wales.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

killnoizer

Got also a A400 over our house today , we are into one of them main flying ways ,  and then took the Landy and went outside early evening to the mexican restaurant near the airfield , the next A400 flew  right over us ( late and far out of their usual time ... ) .
So we decided to drive to our favourite spotting place at the air base in the last sunlight ... hot  heavy summer weather !
Check : 14 planes in duty on the field , there are always 15-20 planes standing outside . 

You cannot view this attachment.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..