Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

A pair of Herks at about two hundred feet and hauling @$$
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

A griffon engined Spitfire growling across the sky, vaguely in the direction of Luton, but I doubt it was going there exactly.

Hm, yes, Griffon engines DO 'growl', don't they, whereas Merlins 'sing'?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Airshow London ( ON ) this weekend. Treated tonight to 4 F-15s, and this lovely retro KC-135 tonight !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rick Lowe

I've got to say, the US Military seems to do Retro/Commemorative schemes pretty well.  :thumbsup:

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 07, 2024, 01:10:30 PMHm, yes, Griffon engines DO 'growl', don't they, whereas Merlins 'sing'?

Indeed they do!

We were rather brutally chased out of bed last night by a Blackhawk passing quite fast and indeed very very low, first going east at ca 23:00 hrs and then about an hour later, returning west, most likely heading for the RSwAF helicopter wing at Malmen Air Base, Linköping. Pitch dark, it was, but as earlier stated - over here, we train as we're expected to fight.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

killnoizer

Two Chinook passing straight and deep over Hannover on wednesday with HUGE NOISE in front of my kitchen windows. They were so near that i had no time to catch the camera ! 

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/