Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Jetranger flying over the house low level a couple of days ago. Could have been a medical flight.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rheged

Quote from: Rheged on July 18, 2023, 11:36:09 AMMonday morning at about 10:30, flying over Leominster (70 miles from the sea)  a coastguard helicopter, heading North.  What WAS he doing so far inland?

You are correct, Kit.   Low friends in high places  have since informed me that the Coastguard helicopter was indeed going to Shawbury.

Quote from: scooter on July 18, 2023, 12:03:15 PMPlanning a chat with some gentlemen that don't exist at a base that equally doesn't exist?

One of those  "non existent" gentlemen  and his family live just along the road from me, and their "non existent" base is on Google Earth  in the village of Credenhill  on the outskirts of Hereford.  It's labelled as RAF Hereford, which it once was.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.081578,-2.7860882,4375m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu    Enlarge this sufficiently and you will see a plinthed Land Rover inside the main gate https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.086013,-2.7909323,68m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu 

They also have an adventure playground at Ewyas  Harold   and are often sent out for  rambles into the Brecon Beacons from  Sennybridge   .  Enlarge the second pic and you will see their exercise aeroplanes.
 .https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Lock's+Garage+Filling+Station+%26+Grocer/@51.9657111,-2.8811667,2193m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x487035261a8c1af5:0xd0e657002e4a817c!8m2!3d52.0000523!4d-2.7932302!16s%2Fg%2F1tqydyj2?entry=ttu   

The only REALLY secret place in the Marches is Llandegley Airport terminal Two   https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/llandegley-airport.html?sortBy=relevant
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

perttime

The only DC-3 registered in Finland. https://www.dc-ry.fi/english/
There's a fly-in event over the weekend and it is expected to do some joyrides.

You cannot view this attachment.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

Belgian independence day today, and as every year, a military parade in Brussels.
the larger transport aircraft were fling low altitude in holding in my area, score of today were:

-3 x A400M's
-1 Airbus A330-MRTT
-1 falcon 7X
-and 1 Dutch F-35A

pictures:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

They were either flying REALLY low, or you've got a 1000 mm focal length lens Nils!  :o

Super pics, thanks for posting them.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

thanks, i used a 55-300mm lens btw  ;)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Ah yes, my lens of choice for such stuff is of similar focal length.

Regards
Kit

Nick

Wednesday afternoon, wonderful hot day, heading back to the campsite after a day shopping for books in Hay on Wye. Sat on the bench at the bridge for a minute and thought I heard a tractor in the fields nearby.

Looked up and saw a rather close Airbus A400M heading North (left to right) above the river.  ;D

Didn't have time to get a photo as my phone was in my bag under a stack of books  :lol:

perttime

One Eurofighter Typhoon in an easterly direction.
Low enough to see well and the volume levers somewhat forward. I don't usually see them but there is some sort of an exercise based at the nearest air force base. Apparently, there's an A400 there too.

A little later, returning to base in the opposite direction: 2 Hawks, 1 Hornet, and a Pilatus PC-12.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Mossie

Lotta wokka. Chinook over work.

A lone Red Arrows Hawk flew over my house later, didn't get a pic.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

perttime

Quote from: perttime on July 26, 2023, 03:08:46 AMOne Eurofighter Typhoon in an easterly direction.
Low enough to see well and the volume levers somewhat forward. I don't usually see them but there is some sort of an exercise based at the nearest air force base. Apparently, there's an A400 there too.

A little later, returning to base in the opposite direction: 2 Hawks, 1 Hornet, and a Pilatus PC-12.
During the weekend, the A400 has flown over me a couple of times. Taking stuff back home, I presume.

Rheged

Early afternoon, a great many Chinooks (or possibly two of them shuttling rapidly back and forth)  and some minutes  later, a considerable  flock of Hawks heading west into Wales.  Enquiries in the village  suggest that the Chinooks were moving people between Stirling Lines at Credenhill,  the SAS adventure playground at Ewyas Harold and Shobdon airfield.   I assume that the Hawks were from RAF Valley and were off to play in the "Mach Loop".
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

jcf

About 25 minutes ago on its way from Renton, Washington up to Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands.
I could hear it coming. 
;D