Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Not quite seen over your house, but on your local motorway  :angel:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-66468326

Just wonder if any of our esteemed brethren down that neck of the woods saw anything ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I saw that news item too, but I'm in Northants this week. I know EXACTLY where it happened, that laybye they parked the Fournier in is well known for harbouring speed camera vans as the road is dead straight for maybe 2-3 miles!

What's really odd is from the point he landed he was maybe 400 yrds from the end of Staverton Airport's runway! See below of the actual site, pinched from a map website near me......

You cannot view this attachment.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

Perhaps they didn't expect to fly another 400 yards?

Rheged

Apart from the usual Special Forces helicopter(s),  Defence Helicopter School machines from Shawbury,  and flock of sundry light aircraft from Shobdon airfield............all of which I no longer report here  as it would become boring and monotonous .....an RAF A400M  at about 1000 feet or less, heading West towards Wales.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Buzzing around Stirling yesterday afternoon was this machine

It was the camera ship for the UCI world cycling championships which were takeing place in Scotland. The Time trials were being held in Sterling and surround area with the finishing line just before the esplanade to the castle which meant that not only was the last section mostly a fairly steep uphill section but the last few hundred yards were over cobbles.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on August 12, 2023, 09:45:17 AMIt was the camera ship for the UCI world cycling championships which were takeing place in Scotland. The Time trials were being held in Sterling and surround area with the finishing line just before the esplanade to the castle which meant that not only was the last section mostly a fairly steap uphill section but the last few hundred yards were over cobbles.

Gondor

Been watching some of that on the Beeb, throughout the week  great sport and spectacular scenery  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: Gondor on August 12, 2023, 09:45:17 AMBuzzing around Stirling yesterday afternoon was this machine

It was the camera ship for the UCI world cycling championships which were takeing place in Scotland. The Time trials were being held in Sterling and surround area with the finishing line just before the esplanade to the castle which meant that not only was the last section mostly a fairly steap uphill section but the last few hundred yards were over cobbles.

Gondor

I've just watched some of that and the final uphill to Stirling Castle looks absolutely painful on those stiff bikes. It's a bumpy drive or a stiff walk up there anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0g287x3/cycling-world-championships-2023-uci-cycling-world-championships-mens-u23-time-trial

Leading Observer

Just had the glorious sight and sound of the BBMF Lancaster pass over :wub:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Vulcan7

Quote from: Leading Observer on August 20, 2023, 07:07:30 AMJust had the glorious sight and sound of the BBMF Lancaster pass over :wub:

cool wish I'd seen that, but the Red Arrows did fly over my house on the way to Eastbourne Airshow today :thumbsup:

not the best of pics though.......

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

PR19_Kit

They're one short....................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 20, 2023, 11:28:58 AMThey're one short....................

Unless he's already at Eastbourne, with the narrator.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Usually that's Red 10, with nine of them doing the display.

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 20, 2023, 11:28:58 AMThey're one short....................

Apparently they are only flying 8 for displays & 9 for fly-past's (ie His Majesty  ;D )?
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

kerick

Must be a cost cutting measure.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise