Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Try a heavily loaded Harrier doing a VTO.  :banghead:

Or the Rotodyne..................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

killnoizer

Quote from: kerick on September 21, 2023, 10:31:09 AM
Quote from: scooter on September 21, 2023, 10:06:58 AM
Quote from: Rheged on September 21, 2023, 09:19:26 AMSeen over Thirlmere, a pair of F15s at about 1000 feet....................noisy blighters!
But not as loud as Phantoms

Nothing like a screaming Phantom at 500 feet! (That's the official story. They went much lower than that! Some folks lost radio antennae.)

I was guest at the German Phantom Flyout about ten years ago .  The last day of the F4 at the Richthofen squadron in Wittmund . 
And they gave us füll power !!
But the F15 is also a mighty monster , the us pilots at the Air Defender 23 used their afterburners all the time ( to avoid bird accidents ) , thank you boys !

But this Rx7 must be flown over our house last week , stood down the street at the morning . Lovely ?

You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

PR19_Kit

Now THAT has a sound all its own!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Quote from: scooter on September 21, 2023, 10:06:58 AM
Quote from: Rheged on September 21, 2023, 09:19:26 AMSeen over Thirlmere, a pair of F15s at about 1000 feet....................noisy blighters!
But not as loud as Phantoms

Not as loud as a pair of F-35s at 200ft.  ;D

perttime

More fast jets than usual: some Hornets and Gripens, so far.

There's a major(ish?) exercise going on. I've understood that UK F-35Bs are participating from a carrier off Norway.

NARSES2

Quote from: perttime on September 27, 2023, 03:13:36 AMThere's a major(ish?) exercise going on. I've understood that UK F-35Bs are participating from a carrier off Norway.

And according to the BBC this morning a couple of RAF Typhoons practiced landing and taking off from a stretch of Finish highway.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 27, 2023, 06:19:29 AM
Quote from: perttime on September 27, 2023, 03:13:36 AMThere's a major(ish?) exercise going on. I've understood that UK F-35Bs are participating from a carrier off Norway.

And according to the BBC this morning a couple of RAF Typhoons practiced landing and taking off from a stretch of Finish highway.
That was last week, at the specific highway base excercise. Just focused on operating from the road.

This week, they have more of an air combat thing, progressing from small and simple encounters towards more complex scenarios.

NARSES2

Ah right. The Beeb are late again.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Flyer

A Piper Arrow just went over and it had a major aerodynamic whistle going on, so loud that if I couldn't (barely) hear it's piston engine running I would have thought it was jet propelled! :o
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

perttime

Quote from: perttime on September 27, 2023, 03:13:36 AMMore fast jets than usual: some Hornets and Gripens, so far.

There's a major(ish?) exercise going on. I've understood that UK F-35Bs are participating from a carrier off Norway.
More of them.
I guess they are finishing the excercise with bigger scenarios.

scooter

Quote from: perttime on September 29, 2023, 05:45:06 AM
Quote from: perttime on September 27, 2023, 03:13:36 AMMore fast jets than usual: some Hornets and Gripens, so far.

More of them.
I guess they are finishing the excercise with bigger scenarios.

Start small, end with a grand finale.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Almost all military exercises work that way, especially multi-national ones, as each military operates somewhat differently, so small unit activities enable units to get to know how their opposite numbers work, you work those exercises up in scale until everyone's ready to play safely together in the grand finale.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

Seen over the road back to my house, unfortunately, the local air ambulance.    Two minutes later, we had to turn round and find an alternative route home.  Our way was blocked by emergency services attending an incident on the road.    Air ambulance landed in a field beside the road
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kerick

Looked like a Piper Cub circling around the house the other day. Nothing to look at here but corn fields.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Quote from: kerick on October 01, 2023, 01:24:40 PMLooked like a Piper Cub circling around the house the other day. Nothing to look at here but corn fields.
Could have been lost and looking for reference points on a road map, since their version of IFR is "I Follow Roads" (as told to me by an ex-girlfriend's father, who owned the J-5 Cub Cruiser he soloed in)  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng