Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on January 20, 2024, 01:56:27 PMYesterday, on the way up to Carlisle.......mother in law's 96th birthday.......hordes of black and yellow helicopters out of Shawbury

That's normal,. when they're working anyway.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

I had to take this pic off of another phone's screen for proof lol. Floating in a pool in Montego Bay with a drink in my hand. What's that sound ? they came over the hotel at probably 300 feet ! We were right under them. Cool to see the guys sitting on the ramp. Could almost read their boot sizes from the undersoles ! One military advisor from Denver, CO says to me " that's British military. Jamaica is part of the Commonwealth " I didn't bother arguing lol. But I did agree that the "cannons" protruding from the nose of each chopper was impressive !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

They're the IFR probes on the later Mark Chinooks. And they're MASSIVE when you're close up to them!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

The Pave Hawk had a big "cannon' as well lol. all lovely machines !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Pair of KC-135s did a lap today. Always nice to see !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Pellson

Quite suddenly and actually hopping trees, a Blackhawk flapped by just before noon today. We still train as if we already are fighting a war here..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

scooter

Quote from: Pellson on March 13, 2024, 12:34:33 PMQuite suddenly and actually hopping trees, a Blackhawk flapped by just before noon today. We still train as if we already are fighting a war here..
Train the way you fight, fight the way you train.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

Quote from: scooter on March 13, 2024, 12:53:25 PM
Quote from: Pellson on March 13, 2024, 12:34:33 PMQuite suddenly and actually hopping trees, a Blackhawk flapped by just before noon today. We still train as if we already are fighting a war here..

Absolutely true.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

Wasn't it Mike Rondot, the ex-RAF reconnaissance pilot turned aviation artist that wrote about a visit to a Swedish Viggen sqn back when he flew Jaguars with no 41 Sqn? Both parties took guests up in their respective twoseaters, and in both cases, the Brits stayed above 300ft while the Swedes when given control of the Jaguar T2 promptly took her to 100 ft/600 kt?  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kerick

Spending a little time in Hawaii. I've seen a few F-22s and a couple KC-135s out of Hickam AFB.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Another one overhead tonight. This on from the Wisconsin ANG.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

More F-22s, KC-/35, KC-46, United, American and Hawaiian Airlines.
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kerick on March 13, 2024, 01:33:17 PM

Absolutely true.

I've heard 'Train Hard, Fight Easy'... for a given value of 'easy', naturally...

kerick

I've heard "train the way to fight or you will fight the way you trained".
Tophe the Wise

Andrew Gorman

A Lockwood Aircam! a sometimes home built, sometimes factory machine. Twin to triple open cockpits, parasol wing twin engine pusher.  What's not to like?  Actually seen over where I am working, not over my house.  It's a weird looking bird.
https://www.aircam.com/