Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Yeah, sorry! I kept editing and editing again because I forgot things and flubbed others and still missed out on naming the aircraft....    Talons and Texan IIs!  Them Texans IIs look a little funny the way the tail planes are set further back than the horizontal fin..    pretty neat little airplanes, though!! They were really hauling arse when they went over....  I see them all the time around flying solo or in pairs but they never go as fast as I saw them going yesterday. So cool!

I've been on the prowl over the last couple of years trying to track down a model kit of one (I can't remember if I ever found one or not...   :unsure: ) and a set of transfers for the normal USAF training paint scheme (which I definitely remember not finding). I haven't looked around in a while, though.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on May 02, 2020, 10:43:39 PM
Here you go Brad C.

http://www.ozmods-kits.com/aircraft-kits-172

Hell yeah, thank you!  The price isn't even really that bad.....  you know, considering how it is when you want one of your "bucket list" airplanes to model. Mainly "injected", too. Nothing against them, but I don't like entirely resin kits.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

I'd leave off buying one until the whole Death Flu thing is over though.  Current mail delays from here to there are running at 2 to 4 weeks and the cheap options are off the table.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Roger that. I'll probably give it a couple months or more. Gives me time to track down the markings.
-Sprues McDuck-

sideshowbob9

Saw Enid & then Gypo fly past this morning which was a wonderful surprise!

Rheged

There I was, out in the garden, and there came upon me the noise of a badly adjusted 2 stroke engine (a device for converting valuable hydrocarbon fuel into noise and annoyance) Overhead was what an elderly neighbour called "one of them micro flyer things". It was most definitely a sick engine.

Later, while in the village shop buying a Sunday paper, I heard that it had come to earth in a nearby perry pear orchard and that the driver of the device had been freed from the entanglement by a pair of 80-something year old sisters out for their walk.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

Those flyovers are wicked Chronic ! I love the F-5 fmily, and they look so good in those special liveries. And I can't believe how good that Mustand/ Texan looks ! Wow !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 10, 2020, 08:26:40 AM
Those flyovers are wicked Chronic ! I love the F-5 fmily, and they look so good in those special liveries. And I can't believe how good that Mustand/ Texan looks ! Wow !
Mr. T. ..... .... that whole affair made my day.  I was expecting "regular" aircraft; "all the grey stuff." To my surprise, I got special liveries!   :wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

scooter

We were at the vet Thorsday, saw an HC-27, a pair of the 119th's Yawn Darts, and an Andrews-based C-37 doing touch and goes.

As for the (all day) vet visit, 800 dollars later, Beamer (one of our year old kittens) was constipated.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on May 11, 2020, 04:50:02 AM

As for the (all day) vet visit, 800 dollars later, Beamer (one of our year old kittens) was constipated.

I'm sorry Scoot, but that's put a smile on my face  :angel: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on May 10, 2020, 07:57:47 AM

Later, while in the village shop buying a Sunday paper, I heard that it had come to earth in a nearby perry pear orchard and that the driver of the device had been freed from the entanglement by a pair of 80-something year old sisters out for their walk.

Just like a scene from an Ealing Comedy  ;D Talking of which the Beeb are showing the original St Trinian's over the next few afternoons  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 11, 2020, 06:19:22 AM

S'ok.  He's back to his normal perky self.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kitnut617

Quote from: scooter on May 11, 2020, 07:59:13 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 11, 2020, 06:19:22 AM

S'ok.  He's back to his normal perky self.

My wife who works at a vet clinic, says the charge is normally $100 Canadian for a cat with constipation. Did they suspect something more serious Scoot' ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

perttime

What you'd pay for fixing a cat's constipation would depend on what it took to fix it. My daughter's cat almost died of it as a hand sized kitten. An overnighter at an animal hospital was one major part of it. I recall it was near €1,000. Now he's a big and feisty fellow.