Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on June 09, 2020, 04:08:28 AM

......... followed up by a Diamond DA-42, never seen one in the flesh before.

Weird looking aeroplanes, a bit like a cartoon of themselves to my mind.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Very gangly looking, made it an easy spot!  Look even stranger when they're loaded with pods and such.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

perttime

I see two Diamond DA-42s on Flightradar, over Finland now.
It reminds me that the Finnish prefix OH gives some opportunities.... These have registrations OH-SHT and OH-DAM.

Those tracking sites dont always have everybody. Too low, or transponder off?

Yesterday, a Hornet flew over me, at low level heading North-East, which is not usual. No sign of it on tracking sites. An air force C-295 was in the general area, descending until it disappeared from tracking sites at about 700ft, nearing one of the larger lakes. Sometimes they go really low over lakes.

NARSES2

Quote from: perttime on June 11, 2020, 01:04:23 AM

It reminds me that the Finnish prefix OH gives some opportunities.... These have registrations OH-SHT and OH-DAM.

;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

I see two Diamond DA-42s on Flightradar, over Finland now.

Not to mention OH-FFS and OH-WTF

Yesterday, a Hornet flew over me, at low level heading North-East, which is not usual. No sign of it on tracking sites. An air force C-295 was in the general area, descending until it disappeared from tracking sites at about 700ft, nearing one of the larger lakes. Sometimes they go really low over lakes.

I was watching a couple of aircraft with "BLOCKED" come up. 
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Some don't have transponders at all, IIRC the RAF's Typhoons don't because they have their own IFF system.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Having operational aircraft telling the world where they are isn't exactly a strategic or tactical plus. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'd be surprised if any military has their operational units blathering about where they are. :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

The RAF's Voyager tankers have transponders and use them too. I've tracked them flying tanker tracks out over the North Sea quite a few times, but then their standard avionics fit is derived from an A-330 anyway.

I guess they'd turn them off if it came to a shooting war.

I've seen the KLu's KDC-10s doing the same thing over the north end of the Zuider Zee (Ijsselmeer for Harro and TomZ  ;D) a few times, but they seem to be more reticent about showing their hand.

Regards
Kit

perttime

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 12, 2020, 02:34:11 AM
Having operational aircraft telling the world where they are isn't exactly a strategic or tactical plus. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'd be surprised if any military has their operational units blathering about where they are. :o
Been wasting my time watching them again on https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/

- A Swedish ELINT Gulfstream was flying patterns along the length of the Baltic Sea.
- An AWACS type thing was flying a pattern over Poland.
- A U2 came from the direction of England at 60 000 feet, towards the Baltic sea.
- Once the U2 was over Denmark, the Swedish Gulfstream left, disappeared for some time over the island of Gotland, and went home.
- A US "Something" was flying circles over northern Poland, and then flew as if to join the U2, but at much lower altitude.
- The U2 and the "Something" disappeared from tracking, south of Sweden.
- A British Eurofighter came over the North Sea but turned towards land over Poland, and disappeared on the Lithuanian border.

Now, more than an hour later that US "Something" is back over the sea between Sweden and Poland.

edit 1.5 hours later:
the US "Something" started going south-east about 32 000ft and 400kts, and crossed into France at Mulhausen. Where is it going? Oh. It turns towards Italy. It went around Switzerland.
No further sight of the U2.

edit after 2 more hours: at some point the US "Something" disappeared before reaching the southern end of Italy. I think it must be going to Cyprus. Could ba a tanker. Maybe the U2 is with it?

There's a multi-national Naval excercise going on in the Baltic. https://ilmavoimat.fi/en/article/-/asset_publisher/ilmavoimat-osallistuu-baltops-20-harjoitukseen-kahdella-hornetilla

zenrat

A chopper just went over stately zen manor quite low.
No sign of it on the tracking website.

Hmmmm.  Could be Chris's minions...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 14, 2020, 05:25:17 AM
A chopper just went over stately zen manor quite low.
No sign of it on the tracking website.

Hmmmm.  Could be Chris's minions...

Did it have a big artwork of Buffy on it ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

It's dark mate.  Hard to tell.

;)
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 14, 2020, 06:04:06 AM
It's dark mate.  Hard to tell.

;)

That's when she tends to be most active  :angel:

The Wooksta!

Some BFO military transport circled a few times over my house yesterday - four engined and T tail.  I'd guess at either a C17 or that new Airbus monstrosity.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Victoria Police chopper went over in the dark again last night.  Should I be worrying?

Fred