Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

So it does, yes.  :thumbsup:

So it COULD have been the Sea King I saw after all.

Weird that they don't mention that it's flyable on their own website. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

while working on my 1/144 warbirds yesterday, i had a nice flyover by a Boeing Stearman/Kaydet  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

zenrat

Victoria Police AW139 over stately zen manor thisarvo.
VicPol 31-10-2020 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Nothing........................ :(

If the cloud base were any lower the lounge light would be the highest altitude item I could see!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Drove back from Eastleigh (Southampton) to near Hereford this afternoon. Weather poor, with spells of unpleasant and occasionally unspeakable.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Flyer

Woke up from a morning nap hearing what I thought must be a turboprop Ag plane or fire bomber, then I heard it again, and again so curiosity got the better of me and I got up and went for a look, only had to wait a few minutes and a RAAF P-8 came over about 3000ft up, it orbited town for about three hours from then. It's the third time one has orbited town this year (that I've seen anyhow) and the third time one has thrown me with it's noise. :rolleyes:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Spey_Phantom

while doing paintwork on the bench, i had a nice flyover by a Belgian Navy Allouete III  :mellow:

could be one of the last times i can see it, as the type is sheduled for retirement early next year after 50 years of service.
one aircraft was retired a month ago, the last 2 remain in service, another is sheduled for retirement next month.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

jcf

A couple of days ago an American Kestrel cruising around the tops of the big conifers in
our backyard, the crows were not pleased but didn't leave the trees for their usual raptor
harassment as the kestrel can easily outmaneuver the black buddies.
;D

One of these guys:

perttime

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 05, 2020, 01:22:57 PM
A couple of days ago an American Kestrel cruising around the tops of the big conifers in
our backyard, the crows were not pleased but didn't leave the trees for their usual raptor
;D

One of these guys:
That reminds me

https://theaviationist.com/2013/03/19/b2-bird/

zenrat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 05, 2020, 01:22:57 PM
;D

One of these guys:

That'd be an interesting basis for an aircraft colour scheme - Saved to the camo reference file.

When I worked at the sewage farm i'd often stop the car and sit and watch the various raptors about the place (I kept a pair of bins in the car specifically).  Mostly Peregrines and Little Eagles.  The unkindness of Ravens that also lived there would mob the Eagles which just ignored them and went about their business.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Little Red and Yellow radial engined biplane doing aerobatics over the Bay this evening.  Mostly obscured by a tree unfortunately.

Fred

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Captain Canada

https://fb.watch/21knElwfs1/

Friend of mine sent me pics, and pointed me in the direction of Briggs Aero in Gander, NL. She sure looks good coming into the snow like that ! 3 F-35s and a Voyageur. I'm guessing they are heading to their new home.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Nick

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 27, 2020, 04:23:30 PM
https://fb.watch/21knElwfs1/

Friend of mine sent me pics, and pointed me in the direction of Briggs Aero in Gander, NL. She sure looks good coming into the snow like that ! 3 F-35s and a Voyageur. I'm guessing they are heading to their new home.

This brings back brilliant memories of seeing a Harrier in the hover at North Weald airshow some time in the 90s. It was a dreary damp day, drizzle every half hour and puddles everywhere. Big delays in events.
Then the Harrier turned up, did a great low display and ended with a bow to the crowds surrounded by a huge cloud of vapour  :thumbsup: