Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

Qantas have started flying more regional routes lately including to here so over the last week there have been daily Dash 8's joining the regular REX SAAB 340's. Means that REX no longer has a monopoly on air travel here and flights should get cheaper... Maybe...
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Rheged

I've just had a pair of Hercules  (Herculi?  Herculeses?  a Hercules and its mate? )  fly very low over hateau Rheged from the west and then make a sharp turn southwards. This seems to support my theory that our rather odd shaped building is used as a waypoint in their navigation.

Yesterday, while visiting our elder son and family (and specifically, our grand daughter)  in Eastleigh (Southampton)  I think we had a very high proportion of the UK's total light aircraft fleet over the house.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on April 15, 2021, 07:39:15 AM

Yesterday, while visiting our elder son and family (and specifically, our grand daughter)  in Eastleigh (Southampton)  I think we had a very high proportion of the UK's total light aircraft fleet over the house.

The clue's in the location, Southampton Airport's name is 'Eastleigh' and a lot of GA aircraft are based there.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on April 15, 2021, 07:39:15 AM
I've just had a pair of Hercules  (Herculi?  Herculeses?  a Hercules and its mate? ) 

How 'bout: "We saw a Hercules. And another one also!"?  ;)

zenrat

Seen flying over Mornington this morning.  Crappy photo due to using my phone.
Either jet or turboprop powered judging by their sound.  I'm thinking they are RAAF Pilatus PC-21s.
Seen over Mornington 18-04-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Flyer

Having never seen a  PC-21 IRL myself I probably shouldn't say anything but from the 3 views and pictures I've seen of them they have a rather short span wing with a rather swept leading edge, the wings on those look rather straight and long (ish) so my guess would be PC-9's, if the RAAF hasn't scrapped them all yet... But then again the wings do look to be too far forward on the fuselage to be 9's so they probably are 21's...

JayBee

Here are my thoughts on this.
Wings have a very straight TE and a slightlt swept LE.
The nose is very short.
To me they look like Harvards. Not the modern one with the whinny engine, but as there is no sound track I can not tell.

JayBee.
Ex UK Air Cadet aircraft recognition individual champion!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

If they were old style Harvards we could probably have heard them from here Jim...................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Flyer

Disagree, don't think they are T-6 Harvard's/SNJ's/Texan's...

Flyer, Ex 2 Flight RAAF cadet, winner of several aircraft recognition WETFUS challenges against rival Flight's...   ;D

Old Wombat

Look like they're probably PC-21's to me, just not square-on.

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Flyer

Mossie

Pair of KC-135s.  High above work, I spotted a contrail and looked it up in Flightradar, it was shortly joined by a second.  Both from Mildenhall, they're currently working they're way north over Scotland.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 19, 2021, 02:22:29 AM
Look like they're probably PC-21's to me, just not square-on.

Saw on the idiot's lantern yesterday four PC-21s doing a flypast over the Anzac Day parade in Melbourne.  These four I saw last week may have been rehearsing this.

Yesterday saw three radial engined biplanes flying over the house.  Painted in various schemes in yellow and blue.  Don't know what they were and preferred to look at them through binoculars rather than try and take a photo.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

QuoteYesterday saw three radial engined biplanes flying over the house.  Painted in various schemes in yellow and blue.  Don't know what they were and preferred to look at them through binoculars rather than try and take a photo

Most likely Boeing-Stearman Model 75(PT-13/17/N2S).