Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on July 10, 2021, 12:04:50 PM
I had a friend in the Northern Constabulary who, one day, was doing speed checks, using one of the speed guns, near the Tain Bombing range not far from Lossiemouth. He saw a Buccaneer exiting the range and just for fun he zapped it with the speed gun. It broke the speed gun ! :rolleyes:

;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Not quite over my house, but...............

This afternoon I was driving into Kettering from Northampton for an appointment when I spotted this parked up on the side of the road.

I decided to stop by on the way back after my appointment should it still be there.
And it was.

Turns out it was visiting the local air cadet squadron who are based on the other side of the road.

I got talking to the adult staff, and soon revealed I used to be adult staff on the Northampton squadron many years ago. After dropping a few names I was allowed a little closer than they were letting the rest of the public. But not by much.

I hung around untill it was time for the return flight to Yovilton.

After that I headed back towards Northampton. While on the A43 I could see the locally based Blades display team going through their paces. So I detoured to Sywell Aerodrome to see if there was anything interesting going on.
two seat Spitfire Mk IX ML407 was prepping for a very expensive joy ride right next to the Aviator hotel. (The banner on the fence stated "prices starting from £2500")

ML407 is now based at Sywell along with a single seater Mk IX a couple of Buchon's and a soon to fly Tempest II. I could just see the nose of the tempest in the hanger having its prop fitted.
A locally based Tigermoth was also out soaking up the sunshine
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

In a similar geographic area as OGL (I'm spending a long weekend with my friends here...) FOUR Spitfires of various Marks went overhead at around 1000 ft, changing formation as they went. It looked for all the world as if they were practicing a display routine en route to another site! Which may have been Duxford from their heading.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Snohomish County Sherrif's Department Huey landing at the hospital for the
third day in a row. Normally I'll only see the bird maybe once or twice a month.

KiwiZac

I've seen some cool videos with the Snohomish Huey, it's a sharp-looking bird.

On Sunday the local De Havilland Venom went for a jaunt around the city rather than the regular display practice, but at least I was able to stand in the backyard and enjoy his approach on long finals:
https://youtu.be/RLOrxs4JCQk
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Mossie

RAF BAe 146 doing touch and goes into Humberside airport. A brief respite from the monotony of painting the fence.

I had to self isolate last week due to being pinged by test & trace and had a few spots last week that I forgot to mention. A recurring visit from an RAF Texan II, a KLM Embraer EMB 135 and an RAF C-17.

The most unusual was a three ship formation of Thunder Aviation. One was an Agusta A109, the other two I couldn't identify. A web search shows their helicopters are marked up like the Thunder birds, similar colours with large numbers on the fuselage.  It also mentions they dissolved in March, so they're going on to new owners?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Late this morning the Silver Spitfire, the one that did the round the world flight, passed overhead pointing vaguely Silverstone-wards.

I've never seen it before and it sure is SHINY!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

At lunchtime, an A400M  Atlas.................very low indeed  and probably using the church spire as a waymarker.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Nick

Sister dropped off some garden supplies today - leaking bags of compost and topsoil. While I sorted it out a Little Nellie style autogyro buzzed overhead. Can't find it on any flight trackers to see what it exactly was.

scooter

On my way back from a wasted trip up to Trenton (both printers in our section were down), a microlight paralleling US206 in Mansfield, turning hydrocarbons into noise and pollution.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

Whilst driving up to Carlisle to check up on our  elderly mothers (mine 95, hers 93) we saw near Tarporley  (SE of Chester) a real live Tiger Moth!! Heading south at low level and  looking totally appropriate in the cloudless sky.  Further north, sundry Boeing and Airbus products  making far too much noise on their way in and out of Manchester airport.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

perttime

Oh, it was a few days ago when I saw a C-17 on approach to the air port / air base, in the middle of the day.

They are not unusual, but not exactly frequent visitors either. My sister who lives near the air port saw one late in the evening and checked Flightradar. Looks like it came from Beirut. That makes me think it had something to do with Peace Keeping operations.

PR19_Kit

Went down to see some friends in Dorset y'day, and they're not far from Yeovilton.......

The entire afternoon was punctuated by Merlins and Wildcats, I must have seen 8-10 of them during the day!  :o

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 24, 2021, 04:58:46 AM

The entire afternoon was punctuated by Merlins and Wildcats, I must have seen 8-10 of them during the day!  :o

Picking up the kids from school and taking them on Summer Hols I suppose ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Loads of gliders, K-21s and PZL SZD 50 & 51s, one towed by a Piper Pawnee.

Driving past Pocklington driving club. Only there because of a detour due to a WWII bomb being found near a major road.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.