Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 11, 2021, 10:08:01 AM
Quote from: Rheged on September 10, 2021, 11:58:48 AM

An injured walker  in Snowdonia, perhaps?   Coastguard helicopters do a fair amount of Mountain Rescue........ when I was in Cumbria last week there was a Coastguard machine going into the Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle  nearly every day  with a Lake District casualty.

En route home today, along the dreaded A55 on the N Wales coast, the same S-92A passed o'head on the way out into the Irish Sea, but the only things in sight were ZILLIONS of windmills with their feet deep in the sea!  :o

Off to go rescue Don Quixote, then. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

KiwiZac

This week most of New Zealand went to COVID Lockdown Level 2 this week so yesterday had a bunch of private aircraft up and about, including one of the local Tiger Moths. I'm hoping we see the same owner family's Venom this afternoon.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on September 11, 2021, 10:09:39 AM

En route home today, along the dreaded A55 on the N Wales coast, the same S-92A passed o'head on the way out into the Irish Sea, but the only things in sight were ZILLIONS of windmills with their feet deep in the sea!  :o

Very good Scoot  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 12, 2021, 06:32:58 AM
Quote from: scooter on September 11, 2021, 10:09:39 AM

Not all us Colonials are uneducated heathens...only about a 1/3 are.

Very good Scoot  :thumbsup:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Nick

Quote from: kitbasher on September 06, 2021, 06:26:14 AM
My first flying display of the 21st century, the excellent Shuttleworth Collection's Vintage Weekend display - perfect weather, village fête atmosphere, vintage vehicles of all kinds on display, not just aircraft.  Well worth a visit if it's on again next year.

Shuttleworth is always a good show with a relaxed atmosphere.  :wub:

I've been up north the last week in the Lake District. On Tuesday the USAF decided to do their idea of low level with an F-15 pair at 3000+ft. The RAF Hawk came by at proper low level of 800ft.  ;D

The Coastguard King Air did a few turns over the hills on Wednesday before heading out to sea.
Something with high wings went through Borrowdale at 11:25pm on Wednesday - approx 2000ft. Might have been a King Air but part of me wonders if it was an MV-22?

This afternoon at home I saw an Army Wildcat flying south.

kitnut617

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 10, 2021, 07:44:48 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 10, 2021, 06:30:26 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on September 09, 2021, 09:10:00 AM

And now they've gone -- neat to see all the babies lined up side by side on the power lines (twelve of them but I haven't found where the other nests are) with the adults feeding them, and them getting to test their wings out before leaving.

So Autumn's definitely on it's way then

Yep! in fact most of the summer visitors have left now, even the Robins which are usually the last to leave (and first to arrive). We had a pair of Mourning Doves nesting too, a couple of days ago I saw four of them so I guess they had two babies. But they have left now too --

I did a search to find out where the swallows winter --- they go all the way down to Central and South America.

Correction !  this morning our yard is full of robins -- and some doves. I'm thinking now that with the recent heat wave we've had they had gone north to cooler climates, and now they are coming back down again as it gets really cool up there.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

perttime

Cranes heading south. I didn't actually count them but there must have been two or three hundred of them.

Pellson

Quote from: perttime on September 15, 2021, 09:38:42 AM
Cranes heading south. I didn't actually count them but there must have been two or three hundred of them.

..aaaand before you know it, there's five feet of snow and a frozen penguin on your porch, wanting an egg toddy and a hot bath..  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

perttime

Quote from: Pellson on September 15, 2021, 10:06:57 AM

..aaaand before you know it, there's five feet of snow and a frozen penguin on your porch, wanting an egg toddy and a hot bath..  ;)
The penguin would be a little far fetched (literally).

... Why don't polar bears eat penguins?

Rheged

Quote from: perttime on September 15, 2021, 10:27:19 AM

...........because they can't get the wrappers off them!      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penguin_(biscuit)

Yes, well, to be serious for a moment........an A400m  has just thundered over Chateau Rheged, too low, too loud and scaring the family of buzzards who were  looking for dinner in the newly mown field behind  our house.

Amended 5 minutes later...............there goes another A400m, or possibly the same one back again, determined to ruin the peace and quiet of our area, as I absorb a pre-prandial glass of Pinot Grigio.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Ahah, I've just heard a heavy turbo-prop over here, but couldn't see it.

Perhaps the same one that was deafening you heading back to Brize?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 15, 2021, 11:07:05 AM
Ahah, I've just heard a heavy turbo-prop over here, but couldn't see it.

Perhaps the same one that was deafening you heading back to Brize?

You are most probably correct!!    It was heading south from me.

JayBee

Penguins South Pole.
Polar bears North Pole. So a little far to go for a snack.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Rheged

Quote from: JayBee on September 15, 2021, 11:38:44 AM

Penguins South Pole.

Technically, there are northern hemisphere penguins..............on the Galapagos Islands..................but that's quite a few miles from Polar bear country.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rheged on September 15, 2021, 11:41:38 AM
Quote from: JayBee on September 15, 2021, 11:38:44 AM

Penguins South Pole.

Technically, there are northern hemisphere penguins..............on the Galapagos Islands..................but that's quite a few miles from Polar bear country.

Well, technically, they're still Southern Hemisphere penguins; Galapagos Islands co-ordinates: 0°30′S 90°30′W  ;) :angel:

However, as the islands actually straddle the equator (1°40'N–1°36'S, 89°16'–92°01'W), you are practically correct. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est