Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

I think I saw ZK-HKU on the news just now fighting a fire near Perth Western Australia.
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

KiwiZac

Quote from: Flyer on February 01, 2022, 08:35:12 PM
I think I saw ZK-HKU on the news just now fighting a fire near Perth Western Australia.
She's changed a bit since the first time I saw her!
DSC_1810c by Zac Yates, on Flickr
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

kerick

The only thing seen over my house today has been snow and more snow.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

I originally thought that was one of Ericr's, but then I realised it couldn't be as it wasn't red, blue or yellow.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

;D

I haven't quite tried piling planes up yet ...

McColm

Charlton Southeast London seems to be under the flightpath of helicopters. Yesterday I spotted a RAF Puma flying overhead at about 10am and then in the afternoon two RAF Chinooks in formation at around 2pm heading into the city. I didn't see the Puma return only the two Chinooks. I wonder if they were the same ones.

Rheged

Whilst driving home to Herefordshire having spent a week sorting out my late mum's house.......a pair of Typhoons in the Lune Gorge, just above the M6 motorway. Probably at 500 feet or slightly less.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Whilst taking Charlie to Dog School this morning I heard an aircraft and looked up to see what looked like a Spitfire* passing straight over my head at low level - elliptical wings and sky (or duck egg green) undersides with RAF roundels.
However, it definitely didn't sound like a Spitfire - that was no Merlin or Griffon, too high revving.
So I presume it was a replica.  A quick bit of web searching has found two flying in Australia and I would expect more.
I couldn't judge it's size as there was nothing to compare it to.
It was headed towards Tyabb international aerodrome where Warbirds live.

*according to an old bloke getting in his car it was a Mustang.   :rolleyes:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Flyer

Yeah I'd think there are quite a lot more than two replicas flying in Australia, there are two that I personally know of here in S.A. alone, one is owned by a good friend. When I was working at Archerfield airport in Q.L.D there would be different one almost every second day fly in or out, but that's hardly surprising as they are made up there somewhere. :rolleyes:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Mossie

727, don't see many of those any more.  It's the Oil Spill Response aircraft, went and came back.  It was followed shortly after  by a King Air, operated by the same company, 2Excel.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

A couple of Tucanos, or else their Texan II successors, zapping up the Severn at a VERY low level.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 23, 2022, 06:09:32 AM
A couple of Tucanos, or else their Texan II successors, zapping up the Severn at a VERY low level.  :o

So nearer the water than normal then ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Yeah, not only is the tide up now, but it's still high from the flood water coming down stream.  :o

Apparently it was over the TOP of the lock gates at Lydney Harbour over the weekend, but I wasn't here to take any pics!

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

Quote from: zenrat on February 19, 2022, 01:24:22 AM
So I presume it was a replica.  A quick bit of web searching has found two flying in Australia and I would expect more.
Believe it or not the Supermarine Spitfire Mk.26 and Mk.26b are Aussie designs!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates