Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

They are, in the UK anyway, but even Special Forces chopper pilots have to start somewhere.

And in this case it's Shawbury..........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Waiting for the evening River Line, a raptor alighted upon a tree branch over the Trenton Train Station.  I think it might have been a falcon, but probably more a hawk
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

rickshaw

Quote from: Rheged on April 28, 2022, 03:55:57 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on April 27, 2022, 08:59:00 PM
We have special "Spray on mud" for utes downunder...   :banghead:

AAAAGH!!   What a ridiculous idea.  When we still had the old Land Rover, we spent a lot of time spraying it to clean off the mud.

The point is, this is the only mud they see.  They rarely ever leave sealed roads and for that reason, in the minds of the driver need some verisimilitude... :banghead: :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Quote from: rickshaw on May 05, 2022, 04:10:23 AM

AAAAGH!!   What a ridiculous idea.  When we still had the old Land Rover, we spent a lot of time spraying it to clean off the mud.

The point is, this is the only mud they see.  They rarely ever leave sealed roads and for that reason, in the minds of the driver need some verisimilitude... :banghead: :banghead:

Be fair mate, they'll be driven on the grass at the football oval and that can get awfully muddy.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

perttime

Quote from: perttime on May 04, 2022, 07:12:19 AM
Quote from: perttime on April 07, 2022, 03:10:01 AM
A C-130 just flew over me. They aren't exactly common visitors here.
Flightradar says it was Canadian and coming from Prestwick.

Edit:
I heard that it later went to Rzeszów-Jasionka in Poland, which is a center for sending military aid to Ukraine.
A C-130 "again".Also Canadian but this one was coming from Riga. It landed about on schedule 10 minutes ago,and at least initially tracking showed it going to the commercial/general aviation side of the field. https://www.flightradar24.com/2022-05-04/14:00/12x/CFC4228/2bbaa80b
It is here again. It is getting around. In the last couple of days, it has been in UK, Finland, Lithuania, Estonia and Slovakia, at least.

Nick

I thought that all Sea Kings had been retired from the RAF and RN. So why is there one on ADS-B flight tracker buzzing between Torquay and Portland with an RN tailcode?

It's XZ920 which is a Sea King HU.5 that belonged to 771Sqdn and went to the Falklands on HMS Invincible. Now being used for training by a civilian firm.
https://www.helis.com/database/sqd/HeliOps/

kitnut617

Quote from: perttime on May 05, 2022, 10:01:41 AM
Quote from: perttime on May 04, 2022, 07:12:19 AM
Quote from: perttime on April 07, 2022, 03:10:01 AM
A C-130 just flew over me. They aren't exactly common visitors here.
Flightradar says it was Canadian and coming from Prestwick.

Edit:
I heard that it later went to Rzeszów-Jasionka in Poland, which is a center for sending military aid to Ukraine.
A C-130 "again".Also Canadian but this one was coming from Riga. It landed about on schedule 10 minutes ago,and at least initially tracking showed it going to the commercial/general aviation side of the field. https://www.flightradar24.com/2022-05-04/14:00/12x/CFC4228/2bbaa80b
It is here again. It is getting around. In the last couple of days, it has been in UK, Finland, Lithuania, Estonia and Slovakia, at least.

There's a lot of Canadian Army personnel in Latvia at the moment.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rickshaw

Quote from: zenrat on May 05, 2022, 04:33:40 AM

Be fair mate, they'll be driven on the grass at the football oval and that can get awfully muddy.

I wasn't aware of any unsealed areas at the "G", mate...   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Quote from: rickshaw on May 05, 2022, 11:56:58 PM

Given the state (sic) of road maintenance in Victoria you'll soon need 4wd to climb out of the bigger potholes.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on May 06, 2022, 03:46:36 AM

Given the state (sic) of road maintenance in Victoria you'll soon need 4wd to climb out of the bigger potholes.

Same could be said of some of Herefordshire's roads............

...................and in a valiant effort to drag the topic back to its title;  an A400M flying west over Leominster, very low indeed.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

JayBee

Quote from: Rheged on May 06, 2022, 08:43:46 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 06, 2022, 03:46:36 AM

Same could be said of some of Herefordshire's roads............

and some of the roads in South Ayrshire.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

perttime

A Canadian C-130 again. I saw it in the afternoon. Found it on https://globe.adsbexchange.com/ and left it in Persistence Mode. Some hours later, I saw that it had left and disappeared from tracking over the Gulf of Riga - and had reappeared in the same area, coming back. Now it is on the ground again.

I don't think it is doing it for fun.

Old Wombat

Supplying Canadian troops is a fair bet; I believe there are a fair number posted there on NATO duty at the moment, for some obscure reason. :angel:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

perttime

I don't think that there's Canadian troops in Finland now. An excercise with troops from USA, UK and a couple of Baltic countries has just ended, though. Tracking sites show a New Zealand C-130 departing this morning and making next stop in Slovakia.

There were lots of social media posts showing a train of Finnish tanks going to the excercise - titled "Finland is sending hundreds of tanks to the Russian border", or something similar :D

Old Wombat

I meant in Latvia. Pretty sure I read that somewhere fairly recently.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est