Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Pair of Chinooks heading towards the coast flew over Wooksta Towers earlier.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

A DOZEN Hawks heading north in a loose gaggle this morning, but without any smoke etc. It was the Red Arrows heading back to Scampton from RIAT.

Seems like they took a few spares with them this time.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

was eating lunch with the family about an hour ago, when we got a flyover of the PZL/Mielec S70I Blackhawk demonstrator, propably on its way back to Poland from the Farnborough airshow.  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

Jest got back from a 3-day familiy vacation to the seaside and an amusement park  :mellow:
seen on our trip:

1 x Pakistan AF C-130H hercules (Ex-Belgian AF, doing pre-delivery test flights in full PAF colors)
2 x Belgian AF F-16AM (seen today while at the amusement park, doing simulated attacks at low altitude, awesome sight)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

perttime

Heard something slow and a bit louder than usual, on tuesday evening. Couldn't see it for the clouds but https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=477ff1 showed a C-17 in Hungarian registration. It was coming from Lebanon. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with UN Peace Keeping operations there.

Spey_Phantom

again, out and about with the family today, and while we were waiting in line, i spotted  apair of Royal Netherlands Air Force AS532 Cougars flying overhead  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Nick

On Thursday I saw a Gazelle and a Wasp or Scout over central London. An Apache was going the other way shortly afterwards.

I did wonder if it was some heritage event or memorial service.

PR19_Kit

Must have been some sort of heritage event, none of those types are still service with the Armed Forces, but preserved examples are still flying, thank goodness.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

...or over my holiday hotel in this case.

At first the umistakable sound of a Griffon engined Spitfire (there being no other Griffon engined types flying in the UK at present...) alerted me, and after a bit of searching I confirmed it visually. It was too far away to determine which XIV or XIX it was, but the pilot was putting on an excellent aerobatic display between Hayling and Thorney Islands.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 03, 2022, 09:36:49 AM
...or over my holiday hotel in this case.

At first the umistakable sound of a Griffon engined Spitfire (there being no other Griffon engined types flying in the UK at present...) alerted me, and after a bit of searching I confirmed it visually. It was too far away to determine which XIV or XIX it was, but the pilot was putting on an excellent aerobatic display between Hayling and Thorney Islands.  :thumbsup:
Just opened a tracking site, and it shows a Spitfire in the area now. It went towards Goodwood Aerodrome.

edit: it was identified as G-AWGB which is a two set Mk.IX. Perhaps somebody was taking a joyride.

PR19_Kit

That makes sense, it's about 15 miles away.

Earlier today I travelled on the Mid-Hants Railway and was buzzed by numerous helicopters, a Jet Ranger, a Robinson R44, a Juno from Shawbury and the inevitable Chinook as the line is only 5-6 miles from Odiham.

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The Spitfire came back today, and it's a XIV as I could see the cannon on the wings.

The guy flew in straight and level from the west over Hayling beach, did a perfect loop, just because he could, and carried on to the East!  :thumbsup:

Tomorrow I'll have my long lens setup to see if I can catch him.....

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

went with my familiy to the zoo in Antwerp today, and as luck may have it, the first plane i see flying over, just happens to be a locally built classic, a Stampe SV-4 (was an SV-4E, a remanufactured variant with a lycoming O-320 engine)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

The XIV was back again, but a long way away, and we also had a Harvard buzzing around after that.

But later on I heard a Merlin coming over and it was a D-Day striped Spitfire Mk IX.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

zenrat

There is currently  a Beechcraft King Air up there in the darkness flying anticlockwise circuits of Mount Martha at an altitude of about 1300m.
This is POL35 (VH-PVE), a VicPol signet aircraft.  It will be listening to someones mobile phone.
That person isn't me because it is overflying rather than orbiting me.  The centre of its orbit is the top of the hill where the golf club is.

<edit>  just after I posted this it stopped doing laps and headed North.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..