Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 31, 2022, 01:06:28 PMAre there degrees of being divorced?

Having done it once it seemed a very black and white process, one minute you are married, the next divorced!

Strictly speaking there are two in the UK, or were when I went through the rather sad process.  Decree Nisi which is meant to be the 6 month cooling off period when you can get the judge to cancel the divorce, and then Decree Absolute, at which point you are divorced. The 6 month cooling off can be shortened at the discretion of the judge.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

It was 2 years in my case..........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Flyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 31, 2022, 05:31:46 AMA strange droning overhead today, followed by much neck straining on my part to see the blasted thing.

Lo and behold, it was a Cessna 208 Caravan, and I've never seen one before, not even when I was in the US. I've flown them for hours on Flight Sim of course, they were a default aeroplane in one FS version.

Noisy things they are for real!

I hadn't ever seen one before I moved to here either, but now I see them very often, during fire season there are usually one or two based here, skydiving machine's regularly stop here for fuel and the police use one quite often to find people or stolen cars etc... When the police one is about it's usually flying circles over town for hour's, not long back it started at 3pm and didn't finish till after 2:30am, not bad endurance, didn't seem to stop for fuel from what I could tell from the constant droning sound.
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Leading Observer

Finally managed to identify the DHC-2 Beaver that regularly rumbles over the house as G-EVMK based at Duxford
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Nick

Quote from: Leading Observer on September 02, 2022, 12:18:24 AMFinally managed to identify the DHC-2 Beaver that regularly rumbles over the house as G-EVMK based at Duxford

That is an impressively short take off run! Big wings and good headwinds make it look so easy. Reminds me of the time a Stork landed in less than 30 metres at North Weald one very windy airshow in the 90s.

scooter

Thought I'd heard an AgCat (naturally aspirated) bumbling around over the blueberry fields in Hammonton, NJ, on my way home from work y'day.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Quote from: Nick on September 02, 2022, 01:26:29 AM
Quote from: Leading Observer on September 02, 2022, 12:18:24 AMFinally managed to identify the DHC-2 Beaver that regularly rumbles over the house as G-EVMK based at Duxford

That is an impressively short take off run! Big wings and good headwinds make it look so easy. Reminds me of the time a Stork landed in less than 30 metres at North Weald one very windy airshow in the 90s.

If that was CGI you'd say "nah, they've got wrong.  Doesn't look real the way it just appears to float upwards."
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

A crop sprayer is buzzing around our property right now too. Can't see it, but can hear it ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rickshaw

Quote from: zenrat on September 02, 2022, 06:40:35 AM
Quote from: Nick on September 02, 2022, 01:26:29 AM

If that was CGI you'd say "nah, they've got wrong.  Doesn't look real the way it just appears to float upwards."

Lightly loaded with a brisk headwind and away she goes...   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Have you seen my Beaver?  I parked it here before this wind got up but now I can't find it...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

I'm desperately trying to remember I'm a moderate here and trying hard not to comment  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Just think about that scene in Naked Gun.
Fred

NARSES2

reddfoxx

Well, while we're on suggestive aircraft, I saw a blimp today.  My daughter didn't know what it was, so I described it as "a balloon that's shaped like a sausage."  First game of the season at Ohio State, so it was bumbling around there.  Also a C-130 circling overhead, presumably before doing a flyover of the stadium.

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures