Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: jcf on October 02, 2022, 02:18:08 PMProbably a Nanchang CJ-6, there are a few on the Australian register.

You cannot view this attachment.

Could be.  It would give the correct silhouette.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Leading Observer

Hurricane G-HHII just flown over
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

perttime

F/A-18 Hornet with a Hawk on its wing. I thought they were a little faster than usual for landing approach.

zenrat

Heard but didn't see a jet going over the house yesterday.  As yesterday saw the annual "Round the Bay" sponsored bicycle ride I suspect this was an RAAF F/A18 showing the cyclists just how quickly a lap can be done.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

Yesterday was a nice sunny Sunday afternoon. While bringing Mum and her friends back from the 90th birthday they went to I spied a Gnat, soaring high over North Weald.
They were too busy gossiping to pay any attention to it!

PR19_Kit

Not too many of them still flying.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Flyer

While mowing the lawn I heard an interesting sound over the mower so I shut the mower down and looked around to see a low flying aircraft appear directly over the house roof, I couldn't believe what I was seeing! A Dragon Rapide! I was torn between just watching it or running inside to get my phone for it's camera. Decided to go get the phone so I would have some proof that I had seen it, but by the time I had done so it was quite far away and higher up but luckily it was circling. These two pics are the best I could manage as the phone camera kept focusing on tree's or T.V. antennas instead of the F'ing plane.  :banghead:  hopefully they are good enough to make out what it is.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

perttime

Pretty cool!
I take your word for it being a Dragon Rapide...  ;)

Old Wombat

Unfortunately, mate, the first one looks like a flying penguin & the second is just a blurry, generic biplane. Good effort, though! At least you tried! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Flyer

Try this one maybe?You cannot view this attachment.

Flyer

Ah, looking at it, that's the one I zoomed in on for the first pic. :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

That wing shape says Dragon Rapide for sure, so elegant.  :thumbsup:

One of my fave aeroplanes as it was the first one I ever flew in. OK, it was an RAF Dominie actually, but it was 99% Dragon Rapide.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Flyer

After doing some asking around to people in the know it turns out that the Dragon Rapide was restored and is based only about 50km away so I will likely see it again. :thumbsup:

Also the Stampe Sv4 that I seen a couple of weeks ago is also at the same airstrip for a while, maybe permanently. :mellow:

kitnut617

A couple of mornings ago, I watch these contrails coming from the east. Three of them in formation.
This morning right now, they're back --- only there's four of them this time, on the same track too.

The first three I could see the sun glinting off the aircraft, but not this morning. They're much too high to identify too.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

scooter

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 19, 2022, 07:13:43 AMA couple of mornings ago, I watch these contrails coming from the east. Three of them in formation.
This morning right now, they're back --- only there's four of them this time, on the same track too.

The first three I could see the sun glinting off the aircraft, but not this morning. They're much too high to identify too.

AFGSC restarted Chrome Dome patrols, and didn't tell anyone. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng