Main Menu

Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 26, 2023, 03:22:36 AM
Quote from: Flyer on February 25, 2023, 06:36:31 PM
Quote from: Spey_Phantom on February 25, 2023, 01:11:12 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 25, 2023, 11:59:35 AMNOT something you'd expect to see over Belgium!  :o  :o

its not the first time, already seen it here a few times during airshow events, didnt expect to see one here outside the season  :o
here's a pic i took of it at our local aeroclubs airshow last summer  :mellow:

Nice :mellow:

Second that.

And I'll Third it, so motion carried  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I'm back in Northants for a week, for my late mate Ian's funereal, and was greeted this morning by the unmistakable sound of a Merlin overhead. A quick glance outside determined it was a Tr9, presumably from nearby Sywell.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

A couple of EA-18Gs on their way back to NAS Whidbey Island.

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 26, 2023, 06:33:05 AMI'm back in Northants for a week, for my late mate Ian's funereal, and was greeted this morning by the unmistakable sound of a Merlin overhead. A quick glance outside determined it was a Tr9, presumably from nearby Sywell.  :thumbsup:
That would have been ML407 on another joyride out of "Graceland" (Aka Sywell) at 2 grand a go.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Mossie

National Police Air Service Eurocopter EC135.  A rare visit these days since they introduced the Vulcanair P68.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

A few in about 20 mins, an AW169 of Uni-fly, servicing the offshore wind farms out of Humberside airport, an HM Coast Guard Sikorsky S92 and a Cessna Caravan.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Over stately zen manor today.

Two Steermans (Steermen?) flying in close formation.
One all yellow, the other yellow with blue fuselage.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 23, 2023, 12:50:39 AMOver stately zen manor today.

Two Steermans (Steermen?) flying in close formation.
One all yellow, the other yellow with blue fuselage.

Breeding season ? Although it's autumn down under I suppose, but then some birds have long gestation periods ? Yellow and blue one would be the male I presume ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

The all yellow one later came back on it's own.  So maybe they are both male and were fighting over territory?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

An hour ago, a collection of microlights. all heading over us towards Shobdon airfield.  I assume trying to get back to base before the imminent downpour sets in.

Incidentally, what is the collective noun for microlights........an annoyance........a nuisance........or just  a flock?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rheged on April 23, 2023, 06:56:05 AMAn hour ago, a collection of microlights. all heading over us towards Shobdon airfield.  I assume trying to get back to base before the imminent downpour sets in.

Incidentally, what is the collective noun for microlights........an annoyance........a nuisance........or just  a flock?

An irritation? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

As they can be quite noisy, ,despite their lack of size, maybe they could be called a 'WHAT?' of microlights.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

Kit  i would hope with our more enlightened selves,  being as we are gentlebeings of taste and decorum  it would be more of a  " Pardon ? of microlights  ;)  ;D
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

If ya want annoying noise we had a flight of 4 T-5 Texans /Harvard's fly over yesterday..god I hate the sound they make.
As for microlights we get plenty of them as they fly out of Thames air field ..today tho with wind..no flying today as they'd either fly like a bullet with the wind or backwards if they'd try to fly into it .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .