Main Menu

Dh-9a

Started by Glenn, July 06, 2007, 01:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

In 1921, the RAAF was formed, and the aircraft to become A1, was the DH-9A. These aircraft were in service between 1921~1929, and seen here, A1-17.

Model ; Ladndad paper models/ A1-17
Scale :1/48th.
Mods : Windscreen/crew/rigging and blurred prop.
I do have a B&W shot in the wings.....
Glenn

PS, The builder of this model told me that aircraft in the RAAF were never called by their company names...they were A1 or A26....as is the A2. (SE-5A)

ysi_maniac

Paper model :o  :o  :o
Amazing :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Brian da Basher

Wow Glenn another stunner! Your rigging is simply outstanding!

Brian da Basher

Rafael

Cardboard, Yum!!!

Nice, clean execution. And the rigging is impressive.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

GTX

QuoteThe builder of this model told me that aircraft in the RAAF were never called by their company names...they were A1 or A26....as is the A2. (SE-5A)

Rubbish!!!  The "A" number is simply the official RAAF designator, not the name it was usually referred to (if so, we'd be calling the F-111 the A-8, Series 3!)  Look here for more info.

Nice model BTW.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

QuotePaper model :o  :o  :o
Amazing :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
I'll second those comments
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

A B&W shot...next, ground.

Glenn Gilbertson

Can hardly believe it is a paper model - brilliant modelling!
:thumbsup:  

Glenn

Last shot, ground.
Greg, Jim was a Hanger Painter from the mid 1940's to the early 1950's. This included painting, markings, doping, you name it...and ended his Airforce life as an Air Photographer. If he told me, A1 was the official name for a DH-9A, and not DH-9A, then...I believe him. When you get the info straight from the horses' mouth I don't disbute it!