Project Gunfighter

Started by Shasper, July 07, 2007, 08:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

You might be able to rescue it by giving the decal a good soak again, hope it hasn't adhered to well. :unsure:  The Crusader looks great in those colours Shas, looking foward to seeing it all done!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Shasper

Ehhh. . . One tiny problem, I've finished the entire wing over 2 months ago, including future & flat coat  :(

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

John Howling Mouse

QuoteOh Snap, I put the bars on the wrong side again didnt I? F F F. . .

Shas B)
Anh, it could be an alternate universe altogether, no?

:huh:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Shas B)
Anh, it could be an alternate universe altogether, no?

:huh:
Kinda like the old Star Trek episode "Mirror, Mirror".
;)
Brian da Basher

gooberliberation

Was there any real-world precident for stars&bars being on the other side? I coulda swore there was.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

elmayerle

Eh, it could just be a mistake by a hurried maintenance crew trying to get the aircraft repaired and back in the air where it was needed.  You'd be surprised the number of peculiar things that happen that way.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

AeroplaneDriver

It was a warzone.   There were far more nonstandard things going on than insignia on the wrong side from stroies I've heard from guys who flew Thuds and Huns over there.

I missed this when it was first posted.  Nice job Bud.  USAF Crusaders has got to be one of my favorite whif concepts, in the same league as RN Skyhawks for me!

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

ysi_maniac

QuoteEh, it could just be a mistake by a hurried maintenance crew trying to get the aircraft repaired and back in the air where it was needed.  You'd be surprised the number of peculiar things that happen that way.
This is a brilliant idea.

BTW Shas: I like your model :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

tigercat2

Here is my USAF F-8 with another what if for Close air support.

I have been a big fan of the F-8 forever; it would have been a superb USAF bird.

Wes W.  

Eddie M.

Shas B)
We are what if modelers, right?
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Shasper

Yeah well I have a slight placement fetish (got "admonished" one too many times for putting roundles on the wrong side).

Shas B)
- Bud S.

Shasper

One step closer:

Got the droptanks/weaps painted & mounted, if all goes according to plan I shou start decaling this evening.

Shas B)  
- Bud S.

BlackOps

Lookin' good Shas! (I mean the model!)  :dum:  :thumbsup:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Shasper

*blush* Well shucks, I do try  ;)   :lol:

Guess thats its for me this year since I doubt I can get anything else done before midnite here. I *should* start decaling sometime tomorrow.

For those who are trying to guess the loadout, theres a pair of AIM-9C radar guided 'winders on the outboard wing pylons (the gray ones), Inboard theres a pair of shoulder slung AIM-9Bs & a pair of droptanks, on the fuselage rails are a quartet of AIM-9Ds.

Shas B)
- Bud S.

AeroplaneDriver

Looks great!  Needs more Sidewinders though...  :P  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....