Latin Lovely

Started by lancer, July 08, 2007, 06:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

I actually finished this little beauty about 3 months ago, but this is the first chance I've had to post her here.

This is the Revell B26 Marauder that I got from F32 for this build. The modifications I've made to her are as follows.
1- Deleted and faired over the dorsal turret
2- changed the glass bomber nose to a solid nose. To achieve this I sanded the raised etail from the glazed nose, then added a nosecone from my spares box, applied copious amounts of filler and shedloads of sanding to blend the whole thing in.
3. I then drilled 4 small holed in the front of the nose and added the .50 cal gun barrels to them ala Mossie FB6 style
4.- To add additional firepower to the front of hre I drilled out 2 ports to represent 20mm cannon ports. These can be seen as the small metallic squares just under the nose.
5.- I also added 8 60lb rockets - 'borrowed' from one of my stashed kits, not sure if it was the Academy Typhoon or the Revell Tempest!! But I think they look pretty damm cool

Then it was onto painting. Black undersides and a 3 colour upper scheme. Tan base with 2 shades of green. NOT my favourite part of doing this kit as my airbrush is dying. Finally I added Venezuelan markings. The sharks mouth came from the Airfix Lightning decal sheet and fitted the nose perfectly and the panther/Jaguar head under the cockpit came fron the Vulcan sheet for XH558.

Well, here she is, enjoy

Rafa - The backstory I was writing had you as her pilot. Hope you would have liked flying her. Unfortunately, the backstory got lost before I could type it up.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lancer

Frigging Typical!!!! I apologise for the crappy picture. I'll get some better ones done and re post shortly.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

anthonyp

Still looks like a beauty, though!  Nice job!

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Brian da Basher

Wow is that killer! I'd hate to see all those guns bearing down on me! Those Venezuelan markings really set off that cool camo scheme nicely!

Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

Just beautiful. Rafa will be proud to drive her. Sure :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :thumbsup:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Captain Canada

Looking good so far...love the shape of the nose. Looking forward to the better pics !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rafael

W O N D E R F U L  ! ! ! ![/size]

Wow!!!
Blame on me my missing this entirely.

And I consider it a gift!!!

Thanks, Lancer!!!

That plane sure would have been a great addition to our ancient B-25J fleet!

I, for one, would have voted to keep it in flying condition, and would be a main attraction in Maracay City's Aeronautics Museum.

Where's the emoticon with the flushed cheeks??

Rafa
(proud Venezuelan B-26 pilot)
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER