My Late Falklands Entry............

Started by Scooterman, July 10, 2007, 06:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterman

In 1/72, Revell F-4F kit.  Weapons from the stash.  Colors all Model Master.  Decals I think Aztek or Aerocalcs.  Nice kit but I couldn't get a final dullcoat no matter what I used.  Hell with it, it's one of my favs.

Enjoy!

Scooterman

Scooterman

Scooterman

Scooterman

Shasper

Sharp! Those yellow "areas" ( :unsure: ) really do the trick!

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Rafael

Strange, but very attractive camo scheme!!
Somehow it makes the airplane look very "Phantom"

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Scooterman

The yellow areas are ID bands.  During the real Falklands action, the bands were applied to the Skyhawks and Daggers because in planform, both could be confused for a Harrier.  Yellow was first used but was found to be to close to the underlaying camo so a vivid turquoise was applied over the yellow.  I couldn't find a match for the turquoise in my colors so I went with the yellow.

Of course in my scenario the ID bands were added so not to confuse the Argie F-4Es with the Royal Navy F-4Ks!!!

Damian2

AWESOME!!!!

:wub:

I love the camo on the F-4. IMHO F-4s look at their best when dolled up in camos not based on the grey scale...
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

ysi_maniac

Beau Beast indeed. She could make Royal Navy task really difficult.
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

cthulhu77

I can see why it is one of your favourites! :cheers: Nice work, yep, that would scare the heck out of an attacking force.

Archibald

Cool! And, even better, this was nearly real world!

When in 1965 time come of replacing Meteor mk.4s and F-86F, FAA list was as follow

- F-100 Super sabre (too old)
- F-4 Phantom (what they wanted, but USA disagree)
- F-5 Unexpensive, but performances were too low
Drakken, Mirage IIIE, Lightning... the Mirage IIIE won, only to be slaughtered by SHARs in 1982...

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Brian da Basher

Wow that's one real sharp bit of modelling there Scooterman! I love the camo and the ID bands! Wicked!

Brian da Basher

Martin H

Hmm and there a story that the FAA looked at Deploying its remaining F-86's to port stanley during the punch up. So not that Old lol.

Stunning Toom Scooter. :D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

elmayerle

QuoteCool! And, even better, this was nearly real world!

When in 1965 time come of replacing Meteor mk.4s and F-86F, FAA list was as follow

- F-4 Phantom (what they wanted, but USA disagree)
- F-5 Unexpensive, but performances were too low
Drakken, Mirage IIIE, Lightning... the Mirage IIIE won, only to be slaughtered by SHARs in 1982...
It depends on what version of the F-100 we're talking about.  If they went with the proposed Spey-powered version that NAA studied, that could be quite capable.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin