Main Menu

Av-22

Started by LemonJello, July 22, 2007, 07:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemonJello

Well, here's an update on the project that earned me an invite to this awesome site.  It's another tiltrotor, but it's a Spectre-type gunship based on the 1/48 V-22 kit.

I couldn't find any threads here with previous photos of the work I've done, and I'm not sure where they've gone on my pc at home, but here's the updates:

Guns:

Interior:

Exterior:

Discuss.
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

Eddie M.

Good to see you back LemonJello! Looks like you've been practicing while you've been gone, because that looks very sharp! Did you scratchbuild some of those guns?
  Eddie  :salute:

Look behind you!

LemonJello

The miniguns are from an MH-60 aftermarket set, the others are copper tube and styrene concoctions

I did a mock up of the engine and estimated where the prop arc would cross the fuselage, so the guns should be clear.  The LLTV box forward may get moved back by the ramp,though.

Burncycle

What are the cannons on either end?

Shasper

looks like either the 25mm Bushmaster or perhaps the 30mm Chain Gun?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Howard of Effingham

hmm, this is a good idea and if you are not careful one that the USMC will want themselves!  :o  
Keeper of George the Cat.

LemonJello

Quotelooks like either the 25mm Bushmaster or perhaps the 30mm Chain Gun?

Shas B)
They scale out at around 20 or 25mm, but they are based off the basic chain gun design.  I was a little free with my dimensions, as long as they look like guns, I'm happy.

The rundown is 25mm, 5.56mini, 40mm cannon, 5.56mini, 25mm.

I've gotten some paint on the interior and weapons, now to finish the interior details and start work on the final assembly.

BlackOps

Very nice! Looks like it's truly better to give than to receive when your talkin' about this kind of firepower. Nice and clean  :wub:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

OK (suddenly sitting up straight), you got my attention !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

LemonJello

Alright, here's the latest update photos:

Interior with paint and some details added:

Now, does anyone have an idea for a paint scheme?

nev

Wow, thats some nifty scratchbuilding there  B)

Scheme?  All grey and dirty like those USMC CH-53's  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

LemonJello

Just a quick update, the interior is done (as detailed as I'm going to go with it, at least).  Here's the pics:

Brian da Basher

Wow that's some incredible work, Lemon Jello! I love all those guns. Looks like it could really put a-hurtin' on someone!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Outstanding detail! I see a lot of subsystems in there. What are the guns driven by? Did you use zip tie pieces in there? Great work! B)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

LemonJello

Eddie, no zip ties this time around, I used the metal and flexible rubber ammo feeds that came with the miniguns and .50cals from a Pavehawk weapons set, along with the main ammo box for the minis.  I added some spent brass tubes from an old headphone and power/control cables from beading wire to the guns.  The bushmaster ammo boxes were made from evergreen rectangle tube, as were the 40mm ammo cans for the big gun.  There are also a couple of spent brass collectors made from more styrene tube and other bits to look like 55gal drums cut in half.

I think I could have kept adding details, but then it would never get done, so I called it "good" and moved on today.  I'm thinking I'll add a couple of air scoops to the underside of the fuselage to act as turbine inlets to help generate all the power to operate the guns...

Now I just need to decide on a paint scheme.