Main Menu

Av-22

Started by LemonJello, July 22, 2007, 07:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Great to see your work again and glad to see you posting again. I thought you might have been someplace where's a lot of sand. Loooking forward to the rollout! :ph34r:
     Eddie
Look behind you!

nev

Holy thread revival Batman!

looks awesome  :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

sotoolslinger

Man that is totally bad(arse) I am new here so I never saw the original thread. Where the ef have you been and don't ever leave again. More ,more. ;D :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ed S

I like the paint job.  The digicamo looks good on the Osprey.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Maverick

Certainly looks the part so far LJ, with all kinds of nasty hanging out the side.  The digicam looks spot on!  :bow: :thumbsup:

Regards,

Mav

tanktastic43

Fantastic.  'nuff said.  :bow:

Brian da Basher

Absolutely awesome, Lemon Jello! That fractal camo scheme is totally top-shelf!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Shasper

Impressive. . . Most Impressive indeed.

QuoteWas beginning to think you were competing with Barry to win the title of longest build project

That would depend, as my Israeli MV-22 has been languishing in the to-finish drawer since 2003!

Shas b)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

LemonJello

It has been a while, I know, between updates.  Guess I just got wrapped up in all the other stuff life throws at you while you're trying to build models. 

Not to worry, there are another 2 V-22 kits in the stash, who knows what'll come of those.

This one is finally getting near the finish line.  I think I started it in 2004 after a trip to the 'stan.  It's survived a PCS to Quantico, and hopefully soon it'll be on display in my office. 

I'll be posting some finished (hopefully) shots soon!
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

sotoolslinger

Lemonjello, apparantly it would be appropriate to give you a Semper Fi is this correct?
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Sisko

Wow that's nice!!!!!!

Really dig that digital camo. Having done something similar but no where near as good on my leman russ I can appreciate the work that goes into it :thumbsup:

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

LemonJello

Quote from: sotoolslinger on May 21, 2008, 07:08:18 PM
Lemonjello, apparantly it would be appropriate to give you a Semper Fi is this correct?
Never a bad time for a "Semper Fi"...hopefully I'll get some time this weekend to finish this up.

Anybody have a suggestion for a name?

Brian da Basher

With all those guns, the name "Shredder" seems appropriate.

Brian da Basher

BlackOps

Hey LJ, really nice to see this one back on the bench!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

LemonJello

It's done.  Here are the latest photos.

I used the extra decals from several kits, most notably the spare tailcodes from my A-6 that is soon to be joining the display ranks.

I actually got something finished!

Looking at the photos and the real thing, I think it needs a final flat coat.  Then I'm looking at starting either a USCG V-22 (white with the orange stripe and maybe even a zodiac on the ramp?) or a navalized A-10 with wingfolds, tailhook and USMC markings (this one may be gloss grey over white, no MARPAT at this time).