Noah's Ark In Cubit Scale...minicraft...

Started by Radish, July 25, 2007, 10:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sentinel Chicken

The only dinosaurs I'll accept prancing around with humans better be purple in color and sing annoying songs.

B777LR

Da Vinci built planes, tanks, helicopters, cars and cannons, but why didnt he think up the aircraft carrier :dum:
Would look cool though, with gunners in helicopters firing muskets :lol:  

Radish

I actually have a newspaper cutting of a REAL pigeon with Belgian roundels :lol:

But dinosaurs in armed forces roundels/markings :wub:  :lol:  :wub:  :lol:  :wub:

Meanwhile, I've STILL got plans (and the necessary bits) to build a 1/35th Terror Tortoise of the SS in Berlin, 1945.
It escaped from the zoo.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

P1127

Quoteneed to have roundels on their wings...
I can just see the look on "Rad's" face now - he will have a maniachal gleam in the eye and be drooling over the thought of flying RAF Dino's and a TX Rex in 7th Armd Div markings  ;)

[/quote]
I wasn't joking! Joe has those......
It's not an effing  jump jet.

TsrJoe

... a number of years ago i went through a 'phase' putting together a Tamiya Pteranodon in RAF. light bomber scheme, casts of the lil Aurora pterosaurs all painted up in Me.109 bright 1940 colours (complete with yellow 'rudders' and 'kill marking' stripes, lol)

... the idea snowballed when a colleague also painted up a toy pterosaur in a similar RAF. fighter scheme to which i responded with an 8th Armd Div. Airfix Triceratops and Anklyosaur, lol

i should still have them somewhere in the dungeon, ill try dig them out next time im under the floor!

cheers, Joe  :dum:  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

http://www.rjmatson.com/images/cartoons/STL183.jpg

my apologies if seen in a lil bad taste ...

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

hehehe....just imagining an a 'flat top troopship with drop ramp' version, a few 'saqqara' gliders as air compliment with a chariot under deck for use as catapults, lol...now wheres my bag of old 'Atlantic' egyptian figurines, chuckle...

:dum:

http://www.catchpenny.org/model.html

Weaver

Needs to be done as a luxury yacht (maybe the waters didn't recede fast enough and decadence set in... :wacko:). Bikini babes in the jacuzzi and giraffe-burgers on the barbi.......... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Sisko

Noah's Ark what a hoot!!!

Maybe you do one of the auxilary arks that rounded up all the animals from those pesky hard to get places like Australia!!!

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

NARSES2

Quote from: TsrJoe on September 01, 2008, 04:22:59 AM
hehehe....just imagining an a 'flat top troopship with drop ramp' version, a few 'saqqara' gliders as air compliment with a chariot under deck for use as catapults, lol...now wheres my bag of old 'Atlantic' egyptian figurines, chuckle...

:dum:

http://www.catchpenny.org/model.html

Don't need the Atlantic figures Joe - HAT do some nice Egyptian's.

Was musing on building a "Roman" AS 42 the other day armed with a Scorpion rather then guns. An updated "Carrobalista"
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

philp

Just checked the Minicraft site.  The kit will be 18 1/2" long.  Wonder what scale that works out to?

I really like the Dino ark idea.  Would be fun in the Humor category. 
Another possibility would be one loaded with Unicorns, Dragons, etc.

And I would love to see pics of Joe's dinos and the camoflaged Dragons.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Joe C-P

Build one and make the name on the stern:

SS Gilgamesh
Ur
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

NARSES2

Quote from: philp on September 02, 2008, 10:33:42 AM
I really like the Dino ark idea.  Would be fun in the Humor category. 
Another possibility would be one loaded with Unicorns, Dragons, etc.

You could show the Ark sinking after being hit by a meterorite - might explain a few things  :o
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: Radish on July 25, 2007, 10:56:18 AMIn the Minicraft leaflet of new releases I received through Hannants this morning (attached to 2 x 1/72nd F-4C/D Bicententnniel  kits :wub: ) was the news/illustration of Noah's Ark in Cubit Scale. It says "New Tooling" so presumablt there's a kit before?....apart from Noah's and he probably built it from scratch. It says it can be built and it floats!! Obviously an advantage.  Apparantly the kit deals with the following issues:
how did it navigate
how was the animal waste cleaned
how was clean air brought into the Ark
where were the animal cages
where did Noah's family live....etc..

Obviously, this will have enormous what if? possibilities....a carrier springs to mind obviously, as does a cruise liner?

I thought the Ark kit would be an interesting model kit.  Until I saw the $99.95 price tag, a real turn off and far too much for a 1/350th scale model as far as I am concerned! 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones