Some Sober Builds..

Started by bluntie, August 02, 2007, 03:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluntie

Hi all, for those who may have been wondering what happened to the Skyawk after my recent ...ahem..miss adventure..
some careful carving and sanding sorted it out, and after a respray good as new ..almost.
Also the 110 that i have been battling with is finaly taking shape.
and the little Panzer1 from Dragon ,built just for a break from things with wings..

Not wiffs i know, but the next couple will be.
my hovercraft is full of eels

Sisko

Nice stuff mate and great to see you back. Particularly love the little panzer. Nice to see a bit of armour amongst the sea of aircraft. ;)

Can't wait to see some of the whifs.

The tank kits you sent me are even now being used for an evil purpose. Bwhahahaha

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

ysi_maniac

That 110 is top notch. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Scooterman

Love the weather job on the Panzer-very effective!

nev

Scooter - timeless classic

Me110 - are you sure that's not one of Matrixone's?

PzI - Cute and gorgeous all at once.  Is that the recent Dragon release?

All are fantastic and I'm hard pressed to choose a favourite....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

That Bf-110 is superb - what scale?

Also whilst it looks to be real-world, the surface you have it on made me think of it being based upon a carrier - now there's an idea:  a Bf-110T.  IMHO, plausible given the status the Zerstörer units had early on in the war - plus the greater range would be useful to a carrier airwing.  Maybe I'll add this to the TBM list - folding wings, naval scheme - what else?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Archibald

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

matrixone

Great job on those models!

Very convincing weathering on the Panzer but the 110 is my favorite. :D

Matrixone

BlackOps

:wub: Some beautiful builds Bluntie.  I really like the chipping and rust on the Panzer and all the details on the 110 are fantastic!  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

bluntie

Thanks everyone, the 110 is the 1/48 revell kit with the infamous Aries resin set.
To be honest the whole experience with the resin has been draining,and i think that if i was to do it again i would spend more time looking at reveiws before going ahead.
I like the carrier idea Greg! IMHO  i reakon a torpedo carrier with RATO bottles on the fuselage sides or a 163 rocket motor in the tail.
Heya Sisko ,thought there was some cunning stunts afoot with those T-72's! come on give us a hint as to what youre up to!! :cheers:  

GTX

QuoteI like the carrier idea Greg! IMHO i reakon a torpedo carrier with RATO bottles on the fuselage sides or a 163 rocket motor in the tail.

I was thinking that it would be a multi-role bird combining the roles of heavy fighter, recon and torpedo bomber.  RATO bottles maybe for launching with a torpedo, but not sure.

BTW - I've started a new thread (see here) for this so as not to hijack anymore than I have already.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Rafael

LOOOOooooVVEEE That 110!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Sisko

Hey Bluntie I am going to build a large super heavy soviet tank.

I am working on the preiminary sketchs at the Mo.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Glenn Gilbertson

Great to see the Skyhawk resurrection, Bluntie, and the 110 is awesome!
:thumbsup:  

bluntie

Way to go Sisko! looking forward to seeing it.  thanks Glenn,i will be glad to get to the end of the 110 'tho.