Cf-105 Arrow Ii

Started by Archibald, August 03, 2007, 06:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

And, for the fun, I've played with this cover (I plan to add a photo of my model later)

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Archibald

Here we go again... painting started!

French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

kitnut617

Archie, for some reason that looks so right.  Now you've given me ideas :rolleyes:

Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Archibald

QuoteArchie, for some reason that looks so right.  Now you've given me ideas :rolleyes:

Robert
Very cool!
I need some advices from you...
When I look at your model, there's some parts painted silver or grey. I think about the exhausts, among others.
Can you post more pics of your CF-105 (here!)  please ?

I've butchered the kit exhaust after I saw pics of your work the other day.

I couldn't stand the sight of Hobbycraft horrible work...  <_<  

I've also dug two AIM-47 recesses on the belly.

kitnut617

Hi Archie,

I can't find where I posted the other photo but here's what I've got again;

I painted the area around the rear of the engine compartment Testors Steel (which to me as being in the metal trade looks a lot like Stainless Steel) the exhaust nozzles are Humbrol Metalized Black (I think) on the outside with the Testors Steel on the inside (don't ask me why I did that I can't remember  :lol: ) but the black and silver along the spine are straight off the instruction sheet.  The two greys are typical CAF camoflage.

Robert

ysi_maniac

Hi Archie, you began to paint attractive schemes.
:cheers:  :thumbsup:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Archibald

QuoteHi Archie,

I can't find where I posted the other photo but here's what I've got again;

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa263/k...rrowMkII006.jpg[/IMG]

I painted the area around the rear of the engine compartment Testors Steel (which to me as being in the metal trade looks a lot like Stainless Steel) the exhaust nozzles are Humbrol Metalized Black (I think) on the outside with the Testors Steel on the inside (don't ask me why I did that I can't remember  :lol: ) but the black and silver along the spine are straight off the instruction sheet.  The two greys are typical CAF camoflage.

Robert
That's what I wanted !
Don't know if I need to paint grey the spine of my Arrow ? I'll give it a try...  
But at least I'll paint the rear part of my machine grey.  
:cheers:  

kitnut617

The colours along the spine starting from the cockpit and IIRC  :huh:  were Humbrol Metalic black in the little recessed area then silver then satin black, like this:

http://www.airlineboutique.com/images/Post...Avro_Arrows.GIF

The recessed area was an outlet for the large on-board air-conditioner used to keep the electronics bay cool

Brian da Basher

Nice camo paintjob, Archie!

Brian da Basher

Archibald

QuoteThe colours along the spine starting from the cockpit and IIRC  :huh:  were Humbrol Metalic black in the little recessed area then silver then satin black, like this:

http://www.airlineboutique.com/images/Post...Avro_Arrows.GIF

The recessed area was an outlet for the large on-board air-conditioner used to keep the electronics bay cool
Thank you very much all of you!  :cheers:  

Archibald

Time to resurect this lady

Paintjob progress slowly, but nicely...

Brian da Basher

I really like your camo Archie! You're very skilled at painting these birds! Two thumbs up!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Rafael

Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

B777LR

Cool! Such a long range interceptor should have a toilet, for the CAP missions over the north pole :dalek:  

Archibald

God bless Don Color! That was very helpful... now all I need is a set of Hi-decals Iranian markings.
Think I'll need again a Hannants buddy...  ;)  

No toilet in my aircraft, sorry...