My P-40 Is Finished!

Started by matrixone, August 04, 2007, 11:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

This model was kindly sent to me by EddieM and was built OOB except for the decals and the gunsight, the gunsight in this kit was flashed over and I was unable to clean it up without breaking it so I was going to finish the model without one until Chap offered to send me a PE gunsight (thanks Steve!) so I could finish this model and have it turn out O.K.

I chose to mark this P-40 as a fictional aircraft from 2./Versuchsverband ''Zirkus Rosarius''.

Matrixone

Radish

I just love it.

Totally convincing.
Brilliant. :wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Martin H

very nicely done Matrix

Good book that, isnt it?   a very good read a ripe for a bit of what if'ing.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Brian da Basher

Wow truly phenomenal, Matrixone! Take this and your "period" B&W shots to any model show and you're bound to have the JMNs in a huge cat-fight about whether it was real or not! I noticed you even put different markings on the prop blades! Outstanding!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

matrixone

Thanks Radish, Martin H, and Brian,

Martin H,
That book is wonderful and is perfect for new ideas for making what-ifs.

Matrixone

Rafael

OK, no words. :wub:  :salute:  :wub:  :thumbsup:  :wub:  :cheers:  
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Eddie M.

Simply put, AMAZING! B) You took a $7 model and turned into a show stopper. A job very well done! :thumbsup:
   Eddie  :salute:  
Look behind you!

Allan

Matrix
Truly wonderful modelling--I love the sepia postcard with the frayed edges--just so realistic!!!!!
Let me compliment you once again on that superlative yellow.
Looking at the photos brought to memory those unforgettable pages in God is My Copilot by Scott in which recounts flying the P 40--wonderful writing.
This to me is the beauty and charm of modelling--dressing up a modest kit into something on a much higher plane.
Inspiring, that's what it is.
Allan in Canberra

matrixone

Thanks very much Rafa, Eddie, and Allan!

This model was much more of a challange than I thought it would be but turned out just fine, and with its bright yellow areas it adds a bit of flash to my drab collection of other late war/Luft'46 type of models.

Matrixone

NARSES2

Nothing I can really add - astounding workmanship  :bow:  :salute:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

B777LR

Cooool! So cool i took these shots :D  :P :

:cheers:

matrixone

Thanks Lancer and B777LR!

B777LR,
So, it looks like Germans did more than test fly the P-40! :lol:

Matrixone

nev

:bow: Brilliant.  Looks utterly convincing  :bow:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Rafael

I can't get tired of watching your photographs and models, man, I think you're getting better at it. Just when I thought you did your best, you come up with something better!!!

Wonderful

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

matrixone

Thanks again nev and Rafa!

I will take a couple more pics of the P-40, the pics in this thread were taken in a hurry because of poor weather conditions. This has not been much of a summer in this part of the country, there have been a few warm days during the work week but weekends have been mostly cloudy, drizzle, or rain. I hope the weather improves during my vacation days.

Matrixone