My P-40 Is Finished!

Started by matrixone, August 04, 2007, 11:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

:bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Bloody gorgeous work, Matrix, and the photography is as good or better than the model.  
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

matrixone

Thank you elmayerle!

I will take some new pics of this model next weekend if the weather clears up by then.

Matrixone

ysi_maniac

My compliments. You DO play in another league.
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:
:o  :o  :o
:bow:  :bow:  :bow:
:salute:  :salute:  :salute:
:thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Sisko

Nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really nice job! :thumbsup:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Glenn Gilbertson

Fantastic job - it really looks the business!
:bow:  :bow:  :bow:
:salute:  :salute:  :salute:  

matrixone

Thanks guys!

I have decided to re-do my pics of this P-40, weather permitting I will take new pics including some with my infamous Luftwaffe Zero. :lol:  
This will be interesting when I post the new pics over at HS, yes I will be wearing my flak jacket when I do! B)  

Also this next weekend I will have in-progress pics of my Macchi C 202 and a Ki 100 I just started last weekend.

Matrixone

Allan

Matrix
Revell makes a matt yellow called Lufthansa Yellow and to my untrained eye it appears pretty close to the WW2 German color they used on noses and rudders, or at least it so seems to me.

Allan in Canberra

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Fantastic concept and beautiful model capped by truly outstanding photography.... It doesn't get much better than this !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

matrixone

Thanks for the nice comments Ian!
I don't think I have ever seen a P-40 model quite like this one.

Allan,
I have not seen that color you have mentioned, but if it looks right then it is right! There were slight differences in batches of paints during the war anyway so the Lufthansa Yellow might very well be a perfect match for RLM 04.
As hard as I try to get my colors as close as possible to the actual RLM colors I will NEVER get a perfect match to them, I have four different pages of color chips of Luftwaffe colors (including the Official Monogram Painting Guide to German Aircraft 1933 to 1945) and they all show different variations on the RLM colors so you might get a color to match one of the color chip pages but it might not match the other color chips, so which one is right? :wacko:

Matrixone