Speculative Delane Duo-mono ...

Started by TsrJoe, August 07, 2007, 07:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

Speculative Delane Duo-Mono type aircraft, October 1950 'Air Trails', artwork by Cal Smith ...

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/inde...pic,2118.0.html

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

... underway ...

... the basic fuselage was turned from 'Cibatool' tooling resin, underfuselage air intake cut from a piece of plastic conduit piping, all blended in with cataloy putty, the wings are cut and shaped from 3mm styrene, the fins from thinner material. For finishing, ill copy the artwork, being an overall aluminium colour and black or olive anti dazzle panel

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Archibald

The fuselage looks very similar to the Arsenal VG-90 of the same era
(it flew late 1949).

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Rafael

Hey!!!

Great work!!!
I have a whiff lined up inspired in delane designs.

Can't wait to see this wonderful aircraft!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Captain Canada

Wow...that's awesome, Joe ! I love it when a/c you've never seen or heard of pop up. Way cool !

The fuselage you are building looks to have a T-33/ P-80 plan to her, but I see in the above artwork she's more of a round barrel type. Looking forward to seeing this one done. She's going to look great in that early USAF colour scheme.

Also, she looks like she'd make a great ground attack aeroplane. Which is a good enough reason for you to build another one, eh ?

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

wolfik

interesting but...where is the carriage?
any idea?
is it like on the harrier? four landing points?

TsrJoe

... basic airframe assembled awaiting filling and sanding ... upon reflection, i might reduce either the span and cord of the rear wing or increase the overall span of the forward one? ...

Rafael

I think the rear wing should be reduced in chord.

So far, a marvelous model, Joe. I'm enjoying it step by step.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

BlackOps

Another great subject! I wish this kind of stuff was as easy as you make it look!  :wacko:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.