Convair Pogo 1/72 Kopro

Started by gengriz, August 08, 2007, 02:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gengriz

OK, I've done it out the box, but I am now seriously tempted to do another in FAA markings: EDSG and Sky.   Just the plane for those aerial carriers!

More details at

kitnut617

Very nicely done gengriz, here's a pic of mine:

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

gooberliberation

:wub: ooo I like! How is that kit?
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

gengriz

Nice job, Kitnut - its certainly different isn't it!  Can just imagine Angelina Jolie emerging from the cockpit in a leather flying suit with a patch on her eye (although IIRC their ones took off horizontally !) Lurvely !

Your decals look slightly different from mine - are they the KP ones out the box?

kitnut617

Quote:wub: ooo I like! How is that kit?
The KP kit is actually a very nice kit to build, it's quite a bit better than some of their other offerings.  Decals where the only problem I found, they wouldn't bed down even with some setting solution.  I used some generic insignia decals and all the special KP ones to do mine.  

I recommend it to anyone.

I'll have to get going on my Lockheed XFV-1 now, I've got the Pegasus offering which is a little crude.

Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Rafael

I have one of them. You have made me start to think in whiffing it.

Great build.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

BlackOps

Why is it when I see these I want to buy two of them and make salt and pepper shakers out of them?  :dum:

Very nice builds to all of you, the Pogo has been on my wish list for a while, I just haven't gotten around to picking one up yet, I think I'll nudge it closer to the top of the list  :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

ysi_maniac

Tail seaters are always cool

BTW: Very good realization.
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

GTX

RN convoy protection circa 1950 or maybe a jungle scheme for RAF Belize?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!