New P-40 Pics...

Started by matrixone, August 10, 2007, 05:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

New piccies from today.

The P-40 from Zirkus Rosarius makes a stop at a special JG 54 base home of the 'Imortals', a group of skilled Japanese volunteer flyers that fly missions with the Germans to study the best tactics to combat the U.S. bombers.

Matrixone

Allan

Matrix
I'm say it again, just superb modelling, and the photos are utterly, utterly convincing!
Allan in Canberra

matrixone

Thank you Allan!

I wanted to have the P-40 and Zero in the same picture...it seemed 'right' to me. B)

Matrixine

Rafael

"Right" doesn't start to describe it, Matrixone. It looks very plausible and convincing. An exchange of axis technology and vehicles is a very interesting story you tell in those photos.

Great work.
Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

matrixone

Thanks Rafa!

I thought it fitting that these two aircraft types should meet up with each other in the ETO just as they have in the PTO. :P

Matrixone

rafi

Hi Matrixone,

Great build, paint looks great! :bow:

Regards,

Rafi

B777LR

Great photos!

But speaking of Luftwaffe P-40s, didnt Luftwaffe buy a dousin P-36s in the 1930s, as operational fighters? All retired by 1939 though... :unsure:  

matrixone

Thanks Rafi and B777LR!

B777LR,
I am not sure about the Germans buying any of the P-36s, as far as I know all the P-36s they used were captured from the French and used as trainers for the Luftwaffe fighter schools.

Matrixone

B777LR

QuoteThanks Rafi and B777LR!

B777LR,
I am not sure about the Germans buying any of the P-36s, as far as I know all the P-36s they used were captured from the French and used as trainers for the Luftwaffe fighter schools.

Matrixone
You might be right, but on a website on captured planes of WWII, there where supposedly pictures of luftwaffe P-36s in 1936-37. I havent been able to visit the site since a few years ago, coz it was closed down :(  

matrixone

Its possible the Germans purchased some of them to use in tests against the then 'new' fighter the Bf 109, but I can't recall reading about that in any of my books, since most of my books deal with the late war period I might be wrong on this matter. I do know the Germans had one or two AT-6 Harvards they used in the war.

Matrixone

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

elmayerle

*wicked chuckle* Would that Zero have a Japanese engine or have been fitted with a suitable BMW engine?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

matrixone

The Zero would have had a Japanese engine of course, but 'tuned' by German engine experts! :lol:

Matrixone

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Brian da Basher

Matrixone there's something sooo "right" about seeing that captured P-40 in the same shot as the "Luft-Zero" it's frightening! Your work is always astounding and you have a great "What-If" sense! Take a bow!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher