As The New Guy

Started by madcatter, August 12, 2007, 08:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Welcome to the board! Some great builds, obviously you've been doing what -if's for a while :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

I really like like your work, especially the Hellcat! Glad to have you aboard!
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Sisko

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your stuff.

I particularly like the Italian 110 as a torpedo bomber B)  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

madcatter

Oh, I'm only about 1/3 done!  Thanks for the warm welcome, very much appreciated.

Here's an AMT Me-410 with the 50mm cannon (not yet finished from our move) with a Revell Fw-190A-8 with the gun packs on a tank sweep in northern Russia, Jan, 1945.

madcatter

The Heller Me-262 flying with it's replacement Frog Do-335.  By May, 1945 the Me-262 was being phased out of most nightfighter units and being stripped down for use as jet trainers.
-N8

madcatter

These are from 2 seperate ceiling battles.  In the background is the Italeri La-5FN intercepting the Me-410/Fw-190 formation seen above.  In the foreground is an Hs-129 with the 75mm cannon somewhere in eastern Africa.  Even by fall 1945 the Luftwaffe has found no replacement needed for these tank destroyers in well protected skies.
-N8

The Rat

Gotta love a guy who hangs 'em from the ceiling!  :thumbsup:  :cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

madcatter

You'll notice most of these are lower-rung kits which often means crap landing gear.  Best to hang 'em!  Ask me not why I chose a Lindberg kit as the exception. <_<

This one's a little more mild.  I thought I better have some traditional splinter somewhere.
-N8

madcatter

Another more traditional color scheme on the Ar-240C.  Production numbers of this plane were small but they proved valuable as He-219 production couldn't keep up with the demand.  Faster, cheaper and easier to build, the majority of production was put into Czeck and Italian hands.  In Italian hands, it proved most successful in intercepting snooping Black Widows and Hornets who initially outflew anything they could put up against them.
-N8

madcatter

This one's in progress.  It's to be a Mistel formation destroyer.  The Russian heavies are getting harder and harder to control and with rumors in the wind about a new B-29-like bomber in Red inventory, all the stops are being pulled.  A very large number of aging a/c are being put to use in these Mistel combinations.  The Fw-190/Ta-154 combo has proved most acceptable considering the age of the airframes, small size but high power to weight.  This particular example, like so many others, was assembled at one of the many small makeshift airfields located in and around Moscow.  The paint received a little extra treatment as some of the high brass were making their way around Moscow to see how the defense of such a prized city was holding up.  November, 1946.
-N8

Brian da Basher

Yowsa N8 you've got quite a gift for rendering those Luft camo schemes! First rate work!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher  

Glenn Gilbertson

Welcome aboard! Great models - the Hellcat is still my favourite.
:cheers:  

The Rat

QuoteAsk me not why I chose a Lindberg kit as the exception.
Got no problem with Lindberg, a lot of us old farts cut our modeling teeth on them, brings back memories.  :thumbsup:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

matrixone

Nice collection of models! :wub:

Glad you posted them here and welcome to the forum.

Matrixone

madcatter

I say what I do about Lindberg because I cut my teeth on Revell & Monogram in the late '80s as a kid.  Did it for a few years, took about 10 more off and just got started again last year.  I have a couple hundred in the to-do pile now, maybe 30 or 40 done(ish) and still managed to several Lindberg among them.  I should say though, I love the little He-100s and He-162s.  I'm also bashing a couple of their crappy Fw-190s together, can you say Zwilling!

Now, for the interceptors!  This is a pretty traditional scheme.  RoGs release of the old Frog Ta-152H.