Finnish Coast & Frontier Guard ...

Started by TsrJoe, August 15, 2007, 02:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

some more images of the SAR. vessel 'Jenny Wihuri' and Frontier Guard Super Puma OH-HVI on hoist exercise during 'SAREX. 2007' ...
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

Speculative Finnish police (Poliisi/Polis) Hughes 500, image by Bjorn Buchner paint by Mikko Maliniemi ... as far as im aware the Finnish Police force dont have dedicated helicopters of their own, utilising those of the 'Frontier Guard' where required, altho as the artwork shows itd certainly look good for a different and subtle 'what-if' model!

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

Agusta Bell 412 'Huey' at Lapeenranta Air Show

TsrJoe

i soo have to try get the hang of this resizing lark ...

TsrJoe

a lil off subject but heres some images of Finnish Police vehicles... note the dual Poliisi/Polis marking on the side

(and nope i wasnt being nicked this time round, piccie was taken outside the annual Tuska Heavy Rock Festival in Helsinki this year  :banghead:)

Captain Canada

Loe the shots of the Super Puma hoisting off the boat....great stuff !

Thanks for sharing !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TsrJoe

GTX

Err...be a little easier if the pic was the other way up... :rolleyes:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

TsrJoe

... not Finnish but might be of interest ... ref. Air International, 75/4, Oct 2008

Estonian Border Guard Agusta Westland AW.139, ES-PWA
Lithuanian Border Guard Eurocopter EC.135, LY-HCE
Spanish Customs Service Eurocopter AS.365N3 Dauphin, EC-KUH

TsrJoe

new equipment ... (aw and here was me hankering to see a Hind or Apache in the scheme!!?) :wacko:

http://frontierindia.net/finnish-border-guard-orders-three-aw119-ke-helicopters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AgustaWestland_AW119

TsrJoe

Bell Jetranger, OH-HRH in the newest scheme with revised titles
Dornier Do.228, OH-MVO with large fuselage SLAR., for current configuration the Tampere airshow snaps page has the same aircraft with a smaller cylindrical unit and again revised fuselage titles

cheers, Joe

TsrJoe

DHC. Beaver, OH-MVL Finnish Frontier Guard, Helsinki Air Museum, Vantaa ...

TsrJoe

General Atomics RQ.1 Predator UAV., in 'Frontier Guard' and 'Polis/Pollisi' schemes, artwork by Robert Beechy
reposted from the cgi. secton ...

TsrJoe

NA. (Rockwell) OV.10A Bronco, in 'Polis/Pollisi' scheme, artwork by John Lacey 'maverick'
iv a couple of Academy Bronco kits underway one of which to depict this one  :thumbsup:

TsrJoe

MDD. MD.500 Cayuse, in 'Police scheme', artwork by John Lacey 'maverick', just the thing for the new 'AZ Models' twin kit of the type  :thumbsup: