Main Menu

Meteor Done

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, August 17, 2007, 04:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Lockheed/Gloster P-65A Meteor
365th FS, 358th FG, 9th AF (Europe)
Dijon, Spring 1946

As ever all comments, questions and crits are welcomed. My sincere thanks to everybody's encouragement during the prep & build stage. Next..... a JASDF A-4MJ  :o

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Radish

Brilliant....just amazing stuff.
Love it :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Mike Wren

great model IHG  :wub:  

nev

Fantastic, looks just right :)

And well done for finally well, getting it done  :party:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

kitnut617

Very Nice B)   I like the idea of a licenced built Meteor only I think it might have been another company other than Lockheed, their P-80 was already flying and faster than the Meteor.  Bell is a possibility, or even Boeing.

Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Scooterman

NARSES2

Great modelling  :salute:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lenny100

looks so right  :cheers:  
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Glenn Gilbertson

Good idea, great modelling. Looks really beautiful.
:thumbsup:  :salute:  

upnorth

QuoteVery Nice B)   I like the idea of a licenced built Meteor only I think it might have been another company other than Lockheed, their P-80 was already flying and faster than the Meteor.  Bell is a possibility, or even Boeing.

Robert
Northrop also comes to mind for that.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

BadersBusCompany

Outstanding job and beautifully photographed........well done!

Brian da Basher

Once again, Mr Hunter-Gatherer, you show me how it should be done! Bravo!!! This is an absolutely magnificent build! That Meatbox looks absolutely top-shelf in those U.S. markings and squadron colors! Your modelling magic makes me wonder how a Meteor might look in an OD/Gray scheme with perhaps Brazilian markings. I can see so many other countries adopting and license producing it. One minor thing, I agree with the comments made about Lockheed. My vote for U.S. license producer would be Curtiss because by 1945 they'd ceased turning out P-40s and were seeking other ways to remain a viable concern. That aside, I've got to applaud your imagination and skill!

When I grow up, I want to build 'em like Ian!

:salute:

Brian da Basher

Gary F

Very nice, Ian!
Sorry to switch gears on you, but you mentioned having done a JASDF Mirage V ... I've been trying to locate it without luck ... could you point me to it?  I'd like to see what you did with the camo 8)

regards,
Gary F

Jetfixer

sweet, i likes very much

Greg
i'm not here, i'm a figment of someones imagination

lancer

AMAZING!!!!! Some Damm fine work done there Ian.  :salute:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die