B

(1/144)raf F103

Started by bentley61, August 18, 2007, 02:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bentley61

whilst clearing out all my old kits i came across a revell 1/144 a300-600st. so i built the kit up but i didn't have the original decals so whilst searching for an alternative livery, i came across a military design of the a300-600st when countries had doubts in airbuses a4oom.
pics to follow soon.
:tornado:  

bentley61

anyone that can find any pictures of the proposed aircraft please could you pm me them as this will greatlyimprove the qualitity of my model. im also looking for ideas on what to do with my 1/144 a380.

nev

An airline that hasn't ordered it yet?  BA, AA etc?

Air Force One?  :lol:

Blair Force One?  :dum:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

bentley61

thanks for the reply i like the idea of the ba or aa scheme but the air force one would like nicer with all my american hardware.

B777LR

The airborne laser on an A-380 freighter?

bentley61

i also lyk that idea and it woul be an easier project as i know someone developing an abl conversion for the 747

Archibald

Quotewhilst clearing out all my old kits i came across a revell 1/144 a300-600st. so i built the kit up but i didn't have the original decals so whilst searching for an alternative livery, i came across a military design of the a300-600st when countries had doubts in airbuses a4oom.
pics to follow soon.
Got an old Air&Cosmos from June 1999 where your military Beluga swallow an
AH-64 Apache... PM me if you are interested!  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

bentley61

hi,
just thought to give an update on my 1/144 military.

the raf f103 is ready to be painted and recieve its markings, the abl-380 is a bit more tricky as the abl nose for the 747 would not fit onto an a380 because the nose undercarriage i further forward on the a380 than a 747.

so to over come this problem i was given a 1/72 t17 canberra nose, luckly this fit perfectly onto the a380.

it will be finished in the same scheme as the nato awacs as a shared aircraft.

Archibald

Here's the pic promised. Hope this help... tell me if you want some details on the article.

French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

bentley61

Quotetell me if you want some details on the article
thanks for the pic, i'm quite interseted in the ramp that the apache is loaded onto if you know anything about it

B777LR

Quotetell me if you want some details on the article
thanks for the pic, i'm quite interseted in the ramp that the apache is loaded onto if you know anything about it
Looks like a ramp that has to be connected on ground :unsure:  (doesnt fold into aircraft)

:cheers:  :drink:

PS: Why F-103? Wouldnt C-103 be more appropriate?

Captain Canada

Cool ! I've always wanted to build a Beluga as a military transport. Looking forward to seeing some pics !

:cheers:

My boy bought me a little diecast ( 400/ 500 scale ? ) and I've been doing touch and goes with it for weeks.....I just need to paint it grey and add some wee leafies !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

bentley61

i'll try and make a 1/144 copy of the ramp for it. i think the F stands for frieaghter as it is french and they do everything different to the rest of the world and C would stand for fighter.

i also used to have a 500th scale beluga and considered doing the same modification but i couldn't find the neccesary pictures and information to do it.

Archibald

The ramp is called "un élévateur embarqué" which translate as "an integrated lift"
So it seems that the elevator was part of the Beluga.  
It seems there's four actuators on the side of the ramp (the blue things) so that the ramp move and fold on the cargo bay. More precisions later...  

bentley61

thanks for the details,
i'm also working on a a321 tanker as a vc10 replacement to work with the f103 and the abl380