Main Menu

Abrams AGDS

Started by mgp, August 28, 2007, 02:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgp

Here's a sneak peek at my latest armour whiffery - the M1 Abrams AGDS:

I've written a short article about it and included some construction shots as well as more pics of the finished item - M1 AGDS article

Cheers
Mark

:cheers:  
Hominem Iniocosum Non Diffidite

Maverick

:bow:  :thumbsup: Bugger me Mark, it's brilliant.   :wub:  :wub:  Much better than the Sgt York.

Mav :cheers:  

Rafael

Astounding!!! :wub:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I remember seeing it in an old ARMOR Magazine!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

B777LR

Wyrmshadow

Likes to re-invent the wheel
http://1wyrmshadow1.deviantart.com/

wolfik

good work!!!
I remember the gunpoint drawing too...

Jeffry Fontaine

Nice work!  I like the enlarged turret that you have created.  I was going for the easy way by trying to use the M247 turret on the Abrams hull.  I believe Salt6 has also been working on something like that as well.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Sisko

Damn Nice stuff Mark. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see a Jagdleopard!!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

mgp

Thank you gentlemen....we needed a bowing smilie  ^_^

QuoteCan't wait to see a Jagdleopard!!

It's only a very vague concept in my head at the moment and it'll be a while with all my backlog at the moment.  I've seen pictures of a Leopard Tank destroyer prototype that mounted twin 105mm cannon in a fixed casemate that looked both freaky and cool. Now that would have some punch to it!

Wyrmshadow

I'd like to see an assault gun conversion of the M-113 with a short barrelled 155mm cut into the front hull.. of cource it would need a radical redesign of the powerpack.
Likes to re-invent the wheel
http://1wyrmshadow1.deviantart.com/

GTX

Lovely work from all - here's a challenge:  how about a heavy APC or IFV variant?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Jeffry Fontaine

QuoteIt's only a very vague concept in my head at the moment and it'll be a while with all my backlog at the moment.  I've seen pictures of a Leopard Tank destroyer prototype that mounted twin 105mm cannon in a fixed casemate that looked both freaky and cool. Now that would have some punch to it!

I finally found a couple of images regarding that casemate vehicle.

This one is based on a Leopard hull with a pair of 120mm cannons.

Not sure what type of cannon is mounted on this vehicle but it is a nice side view.

Found this webpage as well: Link to Leopard casemate test vehicle
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

mgp

QuoteThis one is based on a Leopard hull with a pair of 120mm cannons

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of. Looking at those pics I reckon I'll go with a slightly raised superstructure roughly like the Stug IV - raised but not as high as the Jagdtiger. Might need some Milan missiles or something similar. And perhaps in a new Nato Ambush scheme.....damn all these ideas!  :dum:  

Jeffry Fontaine

Eddie M.

That is a great looking tank. Definately looks like it could take care of business. B)
   Eddie  
Look behind you!