F-15 Blue Angel

Started by Eddie M., September 06, 2007, 03:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Here's my entry in the 1 week GB. I've been waiting to do this for a long time and it was exceptionally satisfying to complete. :)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Howard of Effingham

well done eddie!

saw this when you posted it over on ARC. dearie me! some folks there were a tad touchy, but i like it.

now we need an F/A-18 in thunderbirds livery from someone.....  :wacko:  
Keeper of George the Cat.

Brian da Basher

Mr Miller, that entry of yours is also exceptionally satisfying to look at! My hat's off to you for completing such a sharp, clean build! Bravo Zulu!
:salute:
Brian da Basher

Blacklion213

Quotewell done eddie!

saw this when you posted it over on ARC. dearie me! some folks there were a tad touchy, but i like it.

now we need an F/A-18 in thunderbirds livery from someone.....  :wacko:
NOOOOOO!!!! lol a tomcat would be ok, but no Hornet, or will be forced to build a SA-6 to counter it  :P  

--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=141464

ysi_maniac

This execution is just PERFECT.
Will die without understanding this world.

HOG

Howza Eddie

Now I gets it. An ARMY PLANE INNA BUN -SORRY -INNA NAVY FINISH

I had to read this in FSM to get the whif, but what can you expect I`m British.
Regards Gary :dalek:
PS What everyone else said :thumbsup:  
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Joe C-P

That rocks!

:ar:  B)  :bow:  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

BlackOps

Eddie, this is another really nice build! It is so natural looking it's got that should have been feel. Another very clean build  :wub:

I could have sworn I already posted to this thread but I've been sick most of the week and been kind of out of it  :ill:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

elmayerle

Heh, just the thing to put with the official model Grumman did of a F-14 in Thunderbirds markings.  Hmm, I'm getting a set of 1/48 decals for Thunderbirds F-105s (actually designed, I'm told, for the Monogram F-105D but I've the Falcon conversion for a F-105B and might do the proper version).  I'll have to see how they fit up on a F-14 and consider buying another set.  Perhaps, just to round things out I should do a Thunderbirds F-15, too?  I reckon they'd look good on the ramp together.

BTW, Eddie, let me say that's a fantastically beautiful build and you're really, really tempting me to do a F-15M in Blue Angels markings.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

r16

out of curiosity , I think McDD studied naval F-15s . Does anyone know a source I can check ? F-14 had a straight wing variant , the Flanker looks good in Russian service , could the Eagle hack it afloat ?

elmayerle

With some mods, AnthonyP and I have compiled ideas for fixed wing (F-15M) and v-g wing (F-15N) navalized variants.  He's built his, mine are still, so far, in the very early stages (real life does tend to interfere).  There was indeed a navalized F-15 proposed at one point when the F-14 was having some real problems, not the least of which was cost, but the Navy stuck with the F-14.

I'd ahve to check which editions had it, but at least a couple of the Aerofax F-15 books had a three-view of the proposed navalized F-15.

Blacklion213

*fires SA-6 at overkiller* ^_^

i would love to see a F-15 T-bird or how about russian knights or the MIG-29 team

--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=141464

Sisko

Nice one Eddie.

Wish I could get a gloss finish like that!!!

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Eddie M.

QuoteNice one Eddie.

Wish I could get a gloss finish like that!!!
You can get it too if you can get your hands on a can of Testors High Gloss enamel overcoat #1814. Thanks for the compliments Gents! B)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

elmayerle

I meant to ask, Eddie, what kit or decal set did the markings come from?