Grumman XTB2F-1 Twin Engine Torpedo Bomber

Started by Glenn, September 07, 2007, 12:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Now, with this little beauty, all I'm going to tell you is the scale.:1/48...I've been on her for three months, and the fuselage is now together with a full cockpit.
As I download shots, you'll see them and a bit more info will come to light.....that is, unless one of you knows what it is?

Rafael

Genious!!!

I'm in the beginning of something like that type of construction, but I fall short when thinking how to fill the inter-ribs spaces and the skinning.

Can you share a little of your knowledge?

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Captain Canada

It's that german VTOL thing ?

A mini-sub version of the B-29 ?

A jumbo sausage with a tail ?

I'm going with my first guess............

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Supertom

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Brian da Basher

Glenn

With the construction.....first had the plans upscaled to 1/48 and cut out the fuselage side and drew both sides on a piece of wood. Next, (photo 1) added the ribs and next filled in the gaps with Korthane foam, sanded and gave a light bog. Sanded smooth, and covered in one layer of glass to both pieces. Once cured, second coat of glass to the inside to strengthen.
Photo 2 Both sides partly bogged and sanded.....with the inside, I covered the cockpit area only, as that's all of the inside you will see.

Clue #1...overall length 52' 0"

Leigh

It's starting to look more and more like a Salami?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

HOG

"It's starting to look more and more like a Salami?"

yes but what type. Maybe the Fallen Maddona with the big boobbies.

How about Fa269 ?

Gary :dalek:  
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

B777LR

Glenn

Photo 3....with the cockpit insides done with ribs and stringers, and painted, and with it's starboard side radio operators' window cut out, also you'll note the upper and lower turret holes.
Second clue.....she had a crew of 3 : pilot/ co-pilot/ radio operator, gunner.

Rafael

Great, Glenn!!

This is shaping up wonderfully, and your construction process is very interesting.

Thank you for sharing this

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Leigh

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Supertom

I think I know what plane this is, I just can't remember the name!  
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"