Spitfire Mk-38

Started by Eddie M., September 09, 2007, 08:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Working on bits and pieces. Put some screen in the radiators for something to look at and have started adding flaps. :)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

SinUnNombre

Looking good Eddie. Even if its just small little detail stuff. I like the flaps, is it just sprue? I've thought of using that before, but its nice seeing that it works. Keep up the good work, Eddie.

Jon

BlackOps

Screens=good, flaps=good, progress=good, so far so good  :lol:  

This build is lookin' very good  :thumbsup:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

Nice Eddie! Your detail work is among the best around! I really like the screens on the readiator scoops. What did you use for that?
:salute:
Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

"I like the flaps, is it just sprue?"

Yep. very simple to use and I like the look of it. Good eye! B)

"I really like the screens on the readiator scoops. What did you use for that?"

Many moons ago, I bought that screen at a hardware store. I believe it was sold to make custom screens for faucets, water hoses and the like.

Thanks for the kind words Guys. I helps while I go through another problem with my root canal I had last year. It seems it may be fractured (yes, it's painful <_< ) between the roots. May have to get it extracted. :unsure: At least the pills help. For some reason, I'm a little sleepyyyyyyyy ;)  :P
  Eddie

Look behind you!

elmayerle

Gack!!  My sympathies, Eddie, I've been in similar situations and 'tain't pleasant.  Good luck on getting it taken care of promptly.

I know I owe you some drawings and I hope to get those, and other bits I owe folk, taken care of over the Christmas hols.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Brian da Basher

Quote"I like the flaps, is it just sprue?"

Yep. very simple to use and I like the look of it. Good eye! B)

"I really like the screens on the readiator scoops. What did you use for that?"

Many moons ago, I bought that screen at a hardware store. I believe it was sold to make custom screens for faucets, water hoses and the like.

Thanks for the kind words Guys. I helps while I go through another problem with my root canal I had last year. It seems it may be fractured (yes, it's painful <_< ) between the roots. May have to get it extracted. :unsure: At least the pills help. For some reason, I'm a little sleepyyyyyyyy ;)  :P
  Eddie
Thanks for the info, Eddie. You've certainly got my sympaties with the root-canal fracture. It seems Santa brought me some dental issues just in time for the holidays too. Unfortunately, my benefits don't pick up again untuil after the 1st. I hope you're feeling beter soon and I look forward to your next update!

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Hopefully, your mouth is okay again.  Any progress on this one, Eddie?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteHopefully, your mouth is okay again.  Any progress on this one, Eddie?
Almost ready to install the tailplane and get a coat of primer on it. Photos soon.... I think my tooth has had better days. Not looking forward to an extraction of a big fat molar.... :ill:
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

This is I envision the tail surfaces working out. A little bit of the arc needs to come out of the tailplane, but this is pretty close to what I want. <_<
   Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Wow, that really puts the whole concept into perspective.  Beauty!  Don't forget to thin down the trailing edges, eh?  Can't wait to see you hit this one with paint, Eddie.

Cool!!!!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

That's astounding, Eddie! The new tailplanes really bring this beauty together!

Brian da Basher

K5054NZ

Truly gorgeous, Mister Miller! This really looks to be a mean lil SoB! I'm just loving that central nacelle, looks just right!

Eddie M.

Baz, BdaB and Zac,
  Thank all very much. I'm hoping to shake the cobwebs out of this one, but who know.... :rolleyes:
    Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

I removed a bit of the arc on the tailplane and now I think it's at a better proportion. That was one of the major hurdles to get passed and now i move on to the landing gear. ;D
   Eddie
Look behind you!