Spitfire Mk-38

Started by Eddie M., September 09, 2007, 08:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Now that's interesting Jon, what timeline would that be?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jcf

The Miles 22 proposal dates from 1941.

Cheers, Jon

kitbasher

QuoteVery cool - I've got my own 'Twin Spit' on the go but it's more like a Whirlwind.  Pic to follow.
And here we are:

Lots still to be done, though.  Inspiration kind of came from the original Westland P9 design that eventually led to the Whirlwind, and also (at the bottom) the stillborn Supermarine 313 to the same spec (from Shacklady and Morgan's Sptfire 'bible')

(Must get my pictures smaller!)
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Eddie M.

Very good looking. B)  Kinda reminds me of a Mosquito.
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

This is how you can get your kids involved in modeling. Task them with the very important PSR! ;)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Rafael

Congrats, Eddie, you have the most beautiful ground crew!!! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Brian da Basher

So that's the secret of your amazing productivity!
;)
Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Here's an idea of how the landing gear will look. :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Leigh

I dunno I'm torn on this one,
I love the way Eddie bashes these monsters together always great to watch.
But messing with a Spitfire, well thats kinda blasphemous.

But then if it was painted PRU Pink? :wub:

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Eddie M.

QuoteI dunno I'm torn on this one,
I love the way Eddie bashes these monsters together always great to watch.
But messing with a Spitfire, well thats kinda blasphemous.

But then if it was painted PRU Pink? :wub:
I understand your sediments. My only hope is to deliver more power to an already beautiful machine.  No disrespect intended for this pivotal fighter. :salute:
  eddie  
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

It's not a what if, but I thought I'd share the photos of my daughter first"real" build. Using glue and paint. I'm helping in a minor capacity for direction and safety. She definately shows concentration. She's building the Testors 1/72 F4U-A Corsair.  :)
 Eddie

Look behind you!

lancer

Nice one Eddie, get 'em involved at an early age. Trying to do that with my nephew at the moment.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Eddie M.

Cockpit section is taking shape. I'm thinking of adding this nose. Yea or Nay.
  Eddie

Look behind you!

elmayerle

Eddie, no offense, but that nose shape just doesn't look right for the period.  I think something more rounded and, dare I say, "art deco" streamlined, would fit better.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

B777LR

Cool :wub: , but i have to agree with elmay that a rounded nose would be more appropriate ;) (and carries a bigger punch :rolleyes: )