Spitfire Mk-38

Started by Eddie M., September 09, 2007, 08:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Your Spitfire Mk 38 has some of the sweetest lines I've ever seen, Eddie! It's what a P-38 Lightning would hope to bring home after a night out on the prowl. I'm watching this one with a keen eye!

Brian da Basher

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Beautiful!  Scheme?  Or is it going to be a surprise once it whispers to you?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Sisko

PAINT!!!!!!

I am getting excited now. ;D

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Rafael

This is getting more and more interesting. I wonde which dress this girl is going to wear..... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Eddie M.

Quote from: Rafael on February 04, 2008, 03:35:52 AM
This is getting more and more interesting. I wonde which dress this girl is going to wear..... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Rafa

I was think of something like this.....
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Rafael

Oooooh!! that girl is a dream date!!! :wub: :wub:
Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Eddie M.

I've started the paint. I'm envisioning this one serving in the desert, hence the colors. Still tweaking, because I think some of it is too dark. I just keep seeing this under one of those camo nets with the shadows dancing about in the desert wind.......
    Eddie
Look behind you!

jeff3385

Glad to see you finally getting some paint on this. It's been a long time coming, but looks promising. What national markings are you considering? :rolleyes:
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

Mossie

Now that wasn't what I was expecting, but saying that, it rarely is with you Eddie!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

jmclaugh

I like the camou -- looks almost pixelated.  Must be early experiments, no?

Brian da Basher

I really like how those O.D. anti-glare panels set off the camo scheme. You've got the eye of an artist, Eddie!

Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Quote from: jeff3385 on March 17, 2008, 09:44:18 PM
Glad to see you finally getting some paint on this. It's been a long time coming, but looks promising. What national markings are you considering? :rolleyes:

I think I would be put into time out if I didn't use the only real national markings of a Spitfire.;)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Quote from: jmclaugh on March 18, 2008, 05:56:32 AM
I like the camou -- looks almost pixelated.  Must be early experiments, no?

Outstanding idea! Thanks Jim! :ph34r:
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Quote from: Mossie on March 18, 2008, 05:07:08 AM
Now that wasn't what I was expecting, but saying that, it rarely is with you Eddie!

It wasn't what I was expecting either! :D I must say, I don't like to have repeats on the shelf, so i'll try something different, even if it fails. :banghead:
  Eddie
Look behind you!