Spitfire Mk-38

Started by Eddie M., September 09, 2007, 08:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Quote from: Brian da Basher on March 18, 2008, 01:37:29 PM
I really like how those O.D. anti-glare panels set off the camo scheme. You've got the eye of an artist, Eddie!

Brian da Basher

Thanks BdaB! My lighting in the photo doesn't show it very good, but that Euro Gray I for the anti glare panels. Something to break up the other pattern. ;D
   Eddie
Look behind you!

BlackOps

Hey! That doesn't look anything like the picture in the calendar.....COOL!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

jeff3385

Picture on the calendar was a "red herring". Eddie is a slight of hand expert who specializes in "misdirection"; gets all of us thinkin' one way and then slips in another totally different result. Keeps all of us on our toes trying to keep up with him. That's what makes his builds so interesting. Most of the time we wind up saying "why didn't I think of that?"  :dalek:
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

John Howling Mouse

Cool!  And nice to hear she's going to wear CANADIAN markings...    :wacko:

"I think I would be put into time out if I didn't use the only real national markings of a Spitfire."
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

puddingwrestler

This is... awe inspiring. Very nice work that man!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Eddie M.

Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 05, 2008, 03:17:54 PM
This is... awe inspiring. Very nice work that man!

Thank you very much PW. I should get back on it, but it hasn't spoken to me in a while to tell me the direction to continue in, so I wait and work on the Junkyard Dogs. ;D
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

I decided to get this one out again instead of starting a Corsair/ Spitfire bash. I'm happy with the brown camo and am pondering another color, but I might just leave well enough alone and move this one forward. ;D
    Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

This is definitely the Big Leagues!  What a cool bird to add to your shelf.   :wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

jeff3385

Hello to an old friend in new colors. That desert scheme really looks sharp and I don't think it needs another color. Really a looker and a keeper. As for starting anything else new, seems you owe us a finish on Aygore first. Your Flankenstein is getting lonesome for its GB buddy. :cheers:
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

Tophe

Belated clapping hands... Wow!
(and thanks to Joncarrfarrelly too)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Brian da Basher

That camo's just outstanding, Eddie! I'd leave it as is. Looks like a desert scheme to me. I'd do it up in RAF DAF markings, complete with shark's mouths on the engines.
Great stuff!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

The camo looks a "Fontaine's" one to me.
Will die without understanding this world.

Ed S

I like this camo and wouldn't add any other color.  By the way, how did you do the camo over the light brown areas.  Was this hand brushed? 

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Patrick H

looking good Eddie. Like the others, I'd say leave the colors as they are. They look pretty neat like this.

:cheers:
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Eddie M.

Thank you all!  ;D
I'll take everyone's advice and stay with these colors.
QuoteBy the way, how did you do the camo over the light brown areas.  Was this hand brushed? 
I used sponges cut into triangles and used the edges to apply the paint.

Tophe! Thank you! I'm glad to see you posting here again!!  :thumbsup: :cheers:
   Eddie
Look behind you!