Spitfire Mk-38

Started by Eddie M., September 09, 2007, 08:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Okay, I think I've solved my elevator problem. I've made a new one a little bigger than the other and am leaning toward having the larger one outboard.
  Eddie

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Well, with no central beam to hold the two sections together at the tail, that would eliminated the need to make any floats...

lancer

WOW!!! That is looking seriously good Eddie.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lenny100

QuoteWow! Awesome concept and nice execution - as always.

Any thoughts on the paint scheme?
Thank you BdaB and Simon! B)

Actually, I'm thinking of a scheme I saw on a F-15 that used a light gray and a light blue, but kinda of grimy looking. Also, here's what I put to gether from the boneyard the other day. It has a little potential down the road. :)
  Eddie

whats that in the background ?
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Daryl J.

....all high and Millerized.... :bow:

(to offbeatly quote some '80's song)

d

Brian da Basher

That's really interesting Mr Miller. Definitely a bit of thinking "outside the box" on the horizontal stabilizers. Still, I'd be tempted to do those like a P-38 just to mess with people.
;)
Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

whats that in the background ?
That is the F-117-4 night Rhino that I have yet to finish. Hewre's the thread if you'd like to see how it came about. :)
   Eddie
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...?showtopic=7218
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

This one had an obvious problem that I was in denial about. The CG was too far forward. I've done a bit of cutting and glueing on some droptanks, put some notches in the back, opened them up a little and it should do the trick. :)
 Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

It's been a while because of some lingering medical issues, but I finally got something done. I decided I was going about my problem solving all wrong, so I lamenated some sheet styrene, did a little cutting, grinding and sanding and now I have the first plug in place.
  Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

This is such a good concept and you're executing it with the usual mind-rattling mastery over plastic.

I sure would like to see a P-38ish central horizontal tail-thingie between the twin fins....what's it take to sucker you into that???

Either way, though, looking incredible, Eddie!  :thumbsup:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

kitbasher

Fantastic idea.
Leave it as it is and paint it blue it would be a brilliant take on a21st century version of Donald Campbell's Bluebird world speed record boat!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Eddie M.

Thank you Gents!

JHM,
You just gave me the excuse to use the horizontal stab. I've been trying to decide and you tipped the balance. ;)

Here's how I added length to the booms.
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Leigh

P.R.U. Blue wiv D-Day stripes?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Eddie M.

QuoteP.R.U. Blue wiv D-Day stripes?
Anyone got photos of this scheme? I'd like a good reference.
  Eddie  :)  
Look behind you!

retro_seventies

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.