Spitfire Mk-38

Started by Eddie M., September 09, 2007, 08:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supertom

Damn, I was going to do a twin boom Spit myself and I'm glad I didn't....yours is so much cooler than what I wanted to do!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Tuck

Ya know, you could always leave the center nacelle engine in-place with no prop and use it as a high-alt supercharger to feed the other two engines..... :wacko:

That would limit you to wing armament, but imagine huge turbo-supercharge gas pipes running along the side fuse and down into the wings towards the engine booms ala Blohm und Voss Bv 155?
:rolleyes:
I know, I'm evil.... :wacko: ;D
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

kitnut617

Quote from: Eddie M. on January 28, 2008, 08:00:10 PM
I removed a bit of the arc on the tailplane and now I think it's at a better proportion. That was one of the major hurdles to get passed and now i move on to the landing gear. ;D
   Eddie

Can I make a suggestion Eddie, leave the arc of the center piece as is, but then shorten the outer ones so that the curve of the leading edge then matches the curve on the center piece.  It looks like you need to go about a 1/4 of the way in from the fuselage and cut them down there.  You have lots of elevator as it is.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Eddie M.

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 29, 2008, 11:41:19 AM
Can I make a suggestion Eddie, leave the arc of the center piece as is, but then shorten the outer ones so that the curve of the leading edge then matches the curve on the center piece.  It looks like you need to go about a 1/4 of the way in from the fuselage and cut them down there.  You have lots of elevator as it is.

Thank you very much Gents. ;D

Kitnut,
   Thanks for the advice. That could be the final touch I was looking for. :mellow:
     Eddie
Look behind you!

kitnut617

Quote from: Eddie M. on January 29, 2008, 02:08:08 PM

Kitnut,
   Thanks for the advice. That could be the final touch I was looking for. :mellow:
     Eddie

I would keep the trailing edge in line as you have it and then file down the root fairings at the forward end to match the new leading edge profile

Eddie M.

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 29, 2008, 02:47:06 PM
Quote from: Eddie M. on January 29, 2008, 02:08:08 PM

Kitnut,
     Eddie

I would keep the trailing edge in line as you have it and then file down the root fairings at the forward end to match the new leading edge profile

WIP  ;D
Look behind you!

BlackOps

Nice update Eddie, this your on a roll!  :wub:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Joe C-P

This build is amazing! What a great idea. I'm looking forward to how it comes out.

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Eddie M.

Quote from: JoeP on January 30, 2008, 01:01:18 PM
This build is amazing! What a great idea. I'm looking forward to how it comes out.

Thank you Jeff and Joe! :mellow:

Kit nut, I thank you for your insight. :ph34r:
  Eddie

Look behind you!

kitnut617

Well done Eddie, that looks terrific!

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

HOG

Hi Eddie,
This reminds me of one of those fold outs at the back of a Mad magazine. You crease the page carefully and on the outside you have a nice spitfire`esque model. Open the page out and somthing unexpected happns.......
Come to think of it this is nothing like a Mad magazine as with those you have to fold it to get the unexpected...................................
Is it to late to fit hinges? ;D

Great Stuff
Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

John Howling Mouse

Oh yes, that's just beautiful.  Another masterpiece is on its way from the Miller Works!  Can't wait to see more.

Might be time to bust out that airbrush for an airframe as worthy as this?

:wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

I know Eddie likes his sig line but I swear it should read "It's Miller Time!"  ;D
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

Thanks Baz and Jeff! :mellow:

Baz,
  It's a tempting idea.  :o

The pieces of the puzzles are coming together.
    Eddie

Look behind you!