What You Got Planned To Build

Started by Spey_Phantom, September 14, 2007, 12:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

The purpose of this thread is to let us know (if you want to) what you are planning to build soon or what you are working on right now.

currently im working on a seaplane conversion of the P-26 peashooter (the SeaPea , i got to replace tose spats with something :lol:)
also still in the works are the 1/72 argentine SU-22 (witch hasnt been continued since the falklands build), an L-39 and a 1/100 MI-4 Hound (might be good for the SAR build)

in the future i plan on building:
-1/72 A-129 Mangusta (in Belgian army markings)
-1/144 737 (military conversion, possibly a tanker, AEW or P-8A)

anyone else have something to share  B)  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Hobbes

I'd add my list, but it's more or less the same as the last time we had a 'current build list' thread.  :dum:  

dragon

Real World:
1/72 Dewoitine D.500V Venezuelan Air Force
1/350 S-11 ARV Carite (ex-USS Tilefish) GUPPY II Diesel submarine Venezuelan Navy circa 1973
1/700 F-21 ARV Mariscal Sucre Lupo-Class Frigate Venezuelan Navy

Sci-Fi:
1/72 X-wing fighter

If I can get to it... :(
Whiff:
F-20E Cazon
Rutan Punisher COIN aircraft  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Daryl J.

1/48 Junkers D.1  corrugated monoplane from Roden.      It's for the spat-this build and done as some sort of smuggler in the Caribbean.     :thumbsup:

The accomplice:  The Testors 1/48 Curtis R3C-2 floatplane modifed with an external radiator and longer upper wings....possibly into monoplane form.   Visibly rather different than the R3C-0 from Porco Rosso Fine Molds recently issued, much much less expensive, but significantly lower quality.

A large Monogram bomber what-if---classifed.  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

:party:

Daryl J.

Shasper

My "active" in progress list isnt too much to holla about, got a 1/72 Revell F-8 being built up for the USAF GB here & a Mono F-20 for the Classic Monogram GB on ARC. Going to add a tricked-out Fujimi 72nd F-16N to the list once the Viper-II GB kicks off over there as well.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Sisko

Building right now a revell 1/48th super hornet as a commission build.

My first commission build. Nice kit.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

luft46models

Just trying to finish a Freya radar from Extratech - have built most of the base for the diorama it's set on a sanddune - actually the wooden base is from the UK - bought on EB and am painting the shack below the aerials this weekend with my new Iwata clone - cost about 40% of a true one. After all that's done then just got to attach the brass aerials and paint these. All in the next 12 days

William in Oz

Radish

Current builds.....

bloody hell....thousands.....

but the one I'm finishing today is a REAL 1/48th SH-60B USN (for a display tomorrow at Sutton Coldfield).

In the future...paint on various 1/72nd Corsairs, Wildcats.

Next build.....REAL..a UH-1B of the USN.

Whatiffery....some Irish and Spanish Civil War aircraft :party:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Howard of Effingham

me? i have been thinking about my builds for the early part of 2008 and so far.....

real world stuff will include a number of US Navy types, i really must make some use of the superscale decals i have,  -_-

wiffy ideas are a bit lacking at the mo, but i do plan a 20 Sqn RAF F-15E and a 240 OCU Osprey.

Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Current builds in various states of progress - dosn't include those builds that have been in the hangar for more then 3 months

SR177N
F4-U4
Spitfire II
B&V 208
Cierva Autogiro
Treibfuegel

Currently planed

Dewotine 520
Me 109
Hellcat
Spitfire I
Seafire XV

Some real some wif

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

anthonyp

What have I got going?  A lot.

What have I got planned?  More.

What am I actually going to finish before starting something else?  Nothing.

Seriously, I need to get into a decalling mood and just end some of these ongoing things (couple builds from the Spring, Phoenix build, 1-week-becoming-1-monther, current GB's...).
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Brian da Basher

Right now I'm finishing up my last entry for the U.S.A.F. group build. I'm taking a 1/72 vacuform F-84 and scal-o-rama'ing it into an early 1/144 AWACS. After this troublesome project, I think I'll need to build something with spats. :wub:

I'm also thinking of some ideas for the Coast Guard/SAR GB. As I've got no U.S.C.G. markings, anything I put together for this will have what-if SAR markings.

Brian da Basher

viper29_ca

My current builds.....unfortunately nothing "What IF".....

Starting to build for the themes for our local show that is in May '08.

Theme #1:
65th Anniversary of the Battle of Kursk.

Building a T34/76, its an old Tamiya kit, which is still a good kit which I picked up a couple of years ago for practically nothing. Needs the old rubber band tracks replaced, but other than that, is good to go. Just not sure if I want to make an operational one, or...since MiniArt has a really nice set of Russian Tankers bailing out of a damaged tank coming out in a couple of months, show the T34 as being knocked out, and the crew getting out of it.....however a friend of mine is doing a Pz.IV with the same intention....so I don't want to make it seem like I am copying him.

Theme #2:
55th Anniversary of the F-4 Phantom.

Got an old Monogram High Tech Series F-4 C/D Phantom here, although its 1/48....which in itself isn't really a problem, other than I have no place to put it when its finished!!!  May go look for a nice 1/72 one on Ebay.

Theme #3
Emergency!!! This I think is going to be a fun theme....basically, any kit, any scale, military or civilian, that would be used in SAR, Medical, Fire and Police use.

I may actually either build 2 for this one, or a diorama maybe. I have a Pz. 1 Ambulance about 75% finished, however I would like to do it, with the Cyber Hobbies Medical Kublewagon, sort of a little convoy of wounded heading off the battlefield. Will probably just end up being the Pz.I though, with all the rest I have to build.

Theme #4 - this will be a permanent theme for shows to come.
Canadiana

No idea what to build here as I have a plethora of items I could use. Everything from a huge idea to take a Minicraft Boeing 707, and scratchbuild 2 refueling pods on the outer wings, scratchbuild the re-fueling drogues and have 2 CF-18's filling up, one off each wing tip....all in 1/144 scale....thought about 1/72, but that would be huge!!

Plus there is a plethora of other stuff I could build for Canadiana.

As well, I have a 1/35 Rev. Ger. Pzh 2000 SPG on the go, a 1/35 Tristar Flak Pz. 1, 1/35 Dragon BMP, which I am going to replace the BMP turret with a LAV25 turret, build some bolt on armor, and possibly scratchbuild a set of slat armor for it, as well as an observation radar/camera and turn it into a recon unit....with Canadian markings of course. Lets see...what else, 1/48 Monogram Spitfire, AMT Star Wars AT-AT, and a MiniArt Italian City Building which will be used on a dio in the future.

That is what is on my building plate from now until whenever!! LOL.    
Thanks
Scott
Elm City Hobbies

http://www.elmcityhobbies.com

PanzerWulff

QuoteI'm also thinking of some ideas for the Coast Guard/SAR GB. As I've got no U.S.C.G. markings, anything I put together for this will have what-if SAR markings.

Brian da Basher
I will be building a 1/72 MH-53E Jay Dragon for the CG/SAR build And Bri if ya want any USCG insignia or titles let me know as I will be printing up a sheet of decals for them this weekend

as for finishing stuff I'm finishing up my F-86F+ Mig Slayer saber for the USAF 50'th build and working on my JASDF SU-34 for that build
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

RP1

My big plan for the end of 2007 is to learn how to effectively design, print and make my own card models.  Allthough I'll be starting on some real-world ones from the 'net, I'm thinking of doing the Vickers 35nm missile TEL from BSP:4 as the first whiff, as it can easily be described by simple shapes.  

RP1
"Just your standard-issue big gun."
- Batou, Ghost in the Shell

RP1 dot net
My Facebook